1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by JAYSUN33, Mar 2, 2005.

1. JAYSUN33

JAYSUN33 Guest

i have a gamecube fitted with a viper and recently found mario64 n64 game in gcm format that i changed the extension to iso,burnt and loaded up into my game cube.It worked absolutly fine which was great but left me wondering how could i put my own roms to disk and play them so i extracted the contents of mario64.gcm and it appers to use the dol from the zelda bonus disk to boot the n64 game so i used a n64 emulator to find out what file was the mario64 rom(as it was not listed as mario64) and sure enough the emulator on my pc detected a file called urazlp_f.n64and it loaded as mario 64.I was wondering before i waste any disks is it just possible to change the mario64 rom for say banjo kazzoie rom,rename the rom to urazlp_f.n64,repack it as a gcm and it will work or is there something else u have to do?.i
    If anyone has any information it would b great as it would b great to back up n64 games for use on my cube

2. Supadave

Supadave Member

I think you should sacrifice a DVD and test this out. If it works let us know.

3. Supadave

Supadave Member

4. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

it took me a while to figure it out, but I did with phoenix 2.5. Check it out on the thread link above.