1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help with my Doctor Who DVD? (an Xvid to DVD audio delay problem...)

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Timey, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Timey

Timey Member

Hey, cats - this is a desperate question from a total video noob. Sorry if it's been asked elsewhere or if I'm asking in the wrong place...

See, I've been downloading torrents of the new Doctor Who series and trying to write them to DVD/VCD. The quality's fantastic and I have no problem watching them on my machine, but Doctor Who needs to be seen in the dark, on a television, hence my dubbing attempts.
    I'm using Nerovision Express to make the discs, but when I watch them on my DVD player, the sound starts to lag at about 20 minutes. It ends up with an audio lag of maybe five seconds for the rest of the episode.
    It always seems to glitch just as the show's getting interesting, and so we have to relocate and watch the rest on my dumb monitor upstairs. This is lame. So, uh, I was wondering... has anyone else had this problem? With the new Doctor Who encodes, specifically?
    I was kinda hoping someone who had successfully transferred or redubbed the episodes could give me some TMPGenc/VirtualDub settings so I can make it CD ready without screwing up the quality.

The last file I unsuccessfully tried was

Doctor_Who_2005.1x12.Bad_Wolf.WS_PDTV_XviD-FoV.avi
    Audio's 128kbps Mpeg layer 3.
    Video is 140kbps, 16 bit, Xvid codec at 25 frames a second.

Any time-travel geeks or video experts out there who can help? I'll love you forever...

2. need_for

need_for Guest

good luck trying to find someonoe who knows that well, have u tried searching at www.google.com or www.www.com,u might have better luck there.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i downloaded mine off emule as avi, converted them to mpeg2 with divx to dvd and then burnt them to disc using nero recode2.I have no out of sync with the audio although the frames do tend to slightly color now and again.

try using my method and see how you go, you can batch encode all the episodes withy vso divx to dvd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2005