1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone play Sega CD games on xbox ????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by biglospim, Mar 19, 2006.

1. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I gotta play Sega CD games, man, that was my Fav. back in the day. Can anyone please help me ??? and does anyone know why when I play neogenesis for sega games, the sonic song never stops and plays through the whole game: it's really not cool man !! I luv my sega games too !! if you can tell me how to stop it, I'd be gratefull. the neogenesis should play sega/32x/SCD right ???? should I move the games to the roms folder ??? maybe that would help ???

2. theridges

theridges Guest

to stop that sega song go to ooptions and turn off BG Music.....

3. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Thanks A lot !! Can you play sega CD games ??? I used rar and the loading screen just freezes. I used zip and the sega CD music player comes on. So is there a way to play from this point.?? The files consist of an iso and several songs starting with 02. Do i need to change anything in the files ??? I used an autoinstaller so I don't think I need bios for the sega CD. Anyways I can get the music player on How do I play the games ???

4. theridges

theridges Guest

i dunno i will go try myself and tell you.....

5. zenigata

zenigata Member

yeah let me get on this one also. I wonder if maybe you need a daemon like tool to mount the image and then load the image from the mounted image drive.

6. zenigata

zenigata Member

You can't have it zipped, unzip it and put the iso in your roms folder and load it like any other game.

7. biglospim

biglospim Guest

AWESOME !! THANKS A LOT !! NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME , I HAVE SOME GAMES TO PLAY. YEAH !

8. biglospim

biglospim Guest

DAMMIT ! SHINNING FORCE CD SAYS BACK UP RAM IS NOT INITIALIZED PRESS RESET TO GO BACK TO THE CONTROL MENU AND INITIALIZE. WHAT THE HELL IS IT NOW ?/ CAN YA HELP ME ? PLS !

9. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk , but it's always somthin, right ? I did get the batman workin, though . I have to try out some other ones. if you know why I'm gettin that backup ram cartridge error, I could use the help. Thanks !

10. zenigata

zenigata Member

i am actually getting a new hard drive put in my box right now so i prolly won't able to get it figured out until friday or so.

11. DDR4life

DDR4life Member

@biglospim
    sounds like u need 2 "format" ur virtual sega cd rom drive and/or external memory cart. easy enuff, load up a game, when the sega cd screen comes up quickly press the button that correspond 2 "a" 4 the genesis. this will take u into the sega cd "control deck". on the right side of the control panel, u should c a button labeled "MEMORY", click on it. on the next screen u will c how much memory u have in both ur "sega cd rom drive" & ur "RAM cart". press any button 2 go 2 the next screen. now, once ur here format both sega cd [bold]and[/bold] the RAM cart ( ur taken 2 yet another screen where ur prompted if ur sure u want to format the memory. select yes for both) then exit. press start 2 load up ur game again and boo-ya! enjoy ur way cool retro games. 1 Q: do u have "Lunar - The Silver Star" among ur selection of games? it would b a shame if u go through all the trouble of getting sega cd iso's and not have "Lunar."

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  12. xBMODSx

xBMODSx Guest

get a mod chip then use emualtors they can play any kind of game!

13. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Hi:

I don't really follow with the screens you mentioned, they don't sound like any I have. I use my Neogenesis app or emulator whatever you wanna call it, then I get a screen with sonic on it and my options are:

Neogenesis Main Menu
    select games from favorites
    select game
    launch inserted CD
    configuration
    utilities
    help
    return to launcher

you said select a game and press "a" then I get:

Game Configuration
    overclock m68000 : no
    Cd method : perfect synchro
    4-player adaptor on port : < disabled >
    sprite limited : disabled
    ym2612 improvement : enabled
    Dac improvement : disabled
    Psg improvement : disabled
    msh2 32x speed : 100
    ssh2 32x speed : 100
    fix screen tearing : auto
    configure controllers

the only other one I know is if I push the right analog stick:

in game options - 6 options
    return to game
    exit game
    configuration
    cheat codes
    game utilities
    load new disc image

there ya have it. if anyone can help me from here, pls do!

Thanks

Big Los

14. DDR4life

DDR4life Member

@ biglospim
    sorry, i should have said load up a [bold]"sega cd"[/bold] game. if u can read japanese, then it doesn't matter which region game u use. if, however, english is easier 4 u, then try a u.s. game instead. now, when u load up the game while the "sega cd" logo is on ur screen [bold]and b4 the game actually begins[/bold] press "A", & u will b taken 2 the sega cd control panel. from here, just follow the steps i had previously laid out: on the right side of the control panel, u should c a button labeled "MEMORY", click on it. on the next screen u will c how much memory u have in both ur "sega cd rom drive" & ur "RAM cart". press any button 2 go 2 the next screen. on the next screen u will c several icons. the 1st & 2nd r the 1s u need 2 select in order 2 format the memory. hilight the 1st & press "A". u will then b asked if u want 2 format the memory. pick yes. after that, u should b back on the previous screen. hilight the 2nd icon & press "A". u will b asked if u want 2 format the RAM cart. pick yes. u should now b back on the previous screen. select exit 2 get back 2 the sega cd control panel. press start 2 load up ur sega cd game. njoy!

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  15. biglospim

biglospim Guest

All set !!

I feel dum I should have figured that out, I thought that was only for music. I got Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, I don't remember if I ever beat Lunar 1: Silver Star, I know I wanted to beat it after I beat Lunar 2, but don't remember if I ever got around to it. I definitely got to get it though, you're right. I'm probably going to beat Lunar 2 again just for fun. Anyways, Thanks a lot man. Now, I can play shining force CD, and my girl can play sonic CD.

Good Looking Out Man ,

Thanks Again

16. DDR4life

DDR4life Member

no prob.