1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone suggest a good DVD burning software,besides Nero

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cuba21, Feb 1, 2007.

1. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Hi Everyone
    Can anyone suggest a good program for burning DVD besides Nero 7 Ultra, we just can get it to work, someone had suggested ares? is that a program for burning or just for downloading movies etc...

Thanks in advance to all
    CUBA21

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Once you have the DVD ripped to your HD, ImgBurn (free) is an excellent choice to burn with.

3. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Hello:

You mentioned imgburn(free) where would I get that, I have a good copy of balboa how do I rip it, this is all so new to me trying it out anyway,
    Thanks for replying!!
    CUBA21

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Just type imgburn in the Search box at the top of the AfterDawn page. First thing that pops up is the link to download ImgBurn.

Is balboa a movie? I am not familiar with it. If it is a dvd movie, I would suggest using DVDFab Decrypter to rip it. DVD Shrink to manage the size. ImgBurn to make your backup. If Shrink runs into an error, then process with VOBBlanker and then Shrink.

There are numerous, well written guides available for assistance. Simply search for them by software name.

5. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Hi sorry to bother you again!
    I just happen to go into my control panel to look for something and noticed an Icon Nero Image Burn I opened it and it has options to enable or disable drive 1 or 2, should it be enabled? The movies like Balboa burn to the DVD disk but will not play on my DVD player standalone? they only work on the computers...

Thanks Cuba21

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Hmmm. I don't have any Nero icon under my control panel. I guess you have two drives. If they are both burners, I would choose to leave them enabled. I suspect this allows you to choose one or the other when you use Nero to burn a disk.

As for the disks not working on your standalone. This could be due to several possibilities. Check to see which format disk it will play in your owner's manual; +R or -R. Be sure to burn a disk of the type your machine accepts. Bitsetting +R disks to DVD-Rom, an option during the burn, helps for compatibility on standalones if it reads + format disks. Brand of disk can be a factor; most people on AfterDawn prefer Verbatims or Taiyo Yuden disks. Most any disk marked as Made in Japan on the package are top notch. Burn at half the rated speed of the disk; ie. burn 8X disks at no more than 4X.

So, what brand disk are you using, burn speed, and format (+/-)? What is the make/model of your standalone and age of the unit?