1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone tell me how to install xbmc?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by marcu01, Jun 3, 2007.

1. marcu01

marcu01 Member

ok, I know I'm a bit late on the xbmc installing thing. But after reading a number of the forums and threads about xbmc installing, I'm still lost!! I softmod my xbox with autoinstaller exploit and upgrade the HDD with xboxhdm 1.9 software following the techfreaks.crg tutorial. Now I'm lost which folders I copy xbmc to- C or E folder. Also I don't see any dashboard subfolder in both C and E folders. So, do you ftp xbmc to C\Apps or E\Apps? I really appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step guide or where I can find it.
    Most of the good tutorial used ndure exploit and said ftp to E:\dashboard. I don't have a folder called dashboard in C or E folders!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Easiest way is to get a copy of the latest AID v4.0

It auto installs it and then you can just update it via FTP as needed!

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Create a folder within E: name it "Apps". All you have to do now is ftp the xbmc extracted contents into that folder. Reboot and your dash should detect the app under applications.

4. Subielegz

Subielegz Member

ok i'm trying to do the same
    can some one tell me step by step hot to do this

5. marcu01

marcu01 Member

the easier way I found is to download auto installer deluxe v4 from bittorent. The software package is 100mb and will take you 2 days to download. the package included instructions on how to install. Hope this help.