1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can' back up a game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by oversteve, May 1, 2005.

1. oversteve

oversteve Guest

I own a game...and I tried to back it up on my xbox hard drive...everything is in place, evox etc. ...the thing even worked right with other games BUT.....this one game plays from disk but when played from the hard drive after a short time says "disk is damaged or dirty" then stops.... Anyone have any info for me....ps. tried reinstalling it with no luck. Talk to me please you're all smarter than me. Thanks ...also: the game is "Fable"

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

How are you "Backing up" Fable? like what program are you using, and give some more details. What dvd drive do you have, how old is your xbox, is there any scratchs on the disc?

Degalle

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

try ftp'ing the default.xbe file to your pc and patching it using craxtion4. Then just ftp it back to the directory where you have the game files on your xbox. Sometimes this works.

4. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Every time I use Craxtion the back-up doesn't work. I prefer Quix.

5. oversteve

oversteve Guest

ok...more info...per request:

from beginning:
    I got xecuter 3 chip and
    evolution x dashboard

put game in and it backs it up.

game plays for a minute and at a certain point says disk is dirty or damaged.

BUT game will play correctly from disk.

I am beginning to think that the disk was just not backing up correctly when the image went to the hard drive.

I'm not familiar with craxtion or quix but thanks I will check them out.