1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can burn to DVD-RW but not to DVD-R???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DougR6, Nov 4, 2004.

1. DougR6

DougR6 Member

Hi all, I've just started burning DVD and I have no problem burning them with the combo DVD Shrink and Nero when I'm using TDK DVD-RW disks!! I just bought a pack of TDK DVD-R disk and doing exactly the same procedure as with the DVD-RW it doesn't work, I always get a error message!!

My burner is compatible DVD-/+RW. Coud it only be because of a batch of bad disk or could it be more of a software/configuration problem?

2. flabob

flabob Regular member

Hi Doug

im a newbie too, and had the smae problem...found out i have to have dvd+r discs.... i couldnt burn the dvd- discs..i forgot now, but there is away on how to tell from your specs on your puter....whether you can burn dvd- or dvd+ format... the newer puters i hear can burn either..hope this helps

bob

3. DougR6

DougR6 Member

Thank's for the answer! What I don't understand is that I can burn DVD-RW but not DVD-R, although my burner should do both?

4. flabob

flabob Regular member

I hope someone can answer that question, cause my first try at burning was with the dvd(-) ...i can burn on the dvd+rw ..but not the minus(-).. i then went out and bought the dvd+R and it burned fine... I am learning , that they are a differant format...this might help ya forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/12342