1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can burn USB 1.1 but not USB 2.0

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by akcouple, Apr 2, 2003.

1. akcouple

akcouple Member

I can copy and burn my DVD movies using my USB 1.1 port. I installed a belkins USB 2.0 notebook card to my Dell Inspiration 2650 with celeron 1.5 processor. I called Belkins tech support they recommended exchanging the card I purchased which I did and have same problem. I am using an external Sony DRX 500UL DVD, using ACCU media general purpose. I can still burn movies with my USB 1.1 port with belkins USB 2.0 card installed. The movie will copy quickly using Belkins USB 2.0 but when I attempt to burn in Burn Status I get message:

Blank 12cm recordable disc found in unit number0 creating WO_INDENT.TXT file on hard disk.
    Initializing writing of disc... Please wait

Hangs up there so unable to burn disc.
    Any Ideas on what I need to do make Belkins USB 2.0 port work?
    You help appreciated

2. akcouple

akcouple Member

I forgot to mention I am using DVDXCOPY 1.5

3. rawhead

rawhead Member

IMO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lots of USB issues with different motherboards and backwards compatibility with bios. With Windows compatible machines you can find yourself in an endless loop of confusion. If the person at Belkins just replaced the card and didn't offer multiple solutions, I would return the card and just go with the slower speed.