1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can decrypt ok but dvd shrink says NO DISC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liliand, Jan 28, 2005.

1. liliand

liliand Guest

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has had this prob and how they resolved it? When I used shrink for the 1st time last year I had to uninstall and reinstall it because I was getting this error msg when I tried to 'open disc' after decryping. That solved the prob, when I come to use shrink this time after decrypting I get this msg again and no amount of installing/uninstallings works. I have been reauthoring which copies the discs for me but it bugs me that I can't use the shrink 'open disc'.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions/help.

Lilian

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What is the message you get?

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

well, if you have already decrypted the movie onto your harddrive, which is what your question implies, then you don't use the "open disc" button, you use the "open file" button.

4. liliand

liliand Guest

Thanks for the replies, I was trying to Open Disc rather than Open Files, should I have been using Open Files as it's already on my hard drive? (hope this is the answer!) if so, what is Open Disc used for then? Spot the newbie!

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If you used dvd decrypter in the file mode, you want to use the "open files",if you used decrypter in the iso mode,then you want to click on "file/open disc image"
    "open disc" is to rip from the dvd itself.
    I always used to use dvd shrink only,I rarely used dvd decrypter.But now with the new dvd encryption thats out recently, you need decrypter,to get past the new protections.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005