1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can DVD+RW be played on PS2?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shishir, Mar 1, 2004.

1. shishir

shishir Guest

i have copied a movie from the internet on to a DVD+RW and tried to play it on the PS2. it doesnt work. how do i make it work?

2. shishir

shishir Guest

please! help!!!!

3. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

I couldnt get it to work and I have Version 4 or 5 of the PS2. Sorry I cant help ya.

4. fibertag

fibertag Guest

I think it depends on what version PS2 and bios you have. Ive seen some people post that and DVD no matter what format it is it plays others only a -r or -rw etc, etc. Its kinda like my xbox some people all formats play mine will play a -r & +r but not rw. Hope this helps. Oh and see what format the movie is in. Just becouse it plays in windows media player dosent mean a DVD player will read it.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Expanding on what fibertag said, have you tried to play the copy in a set-top player to verify the copy is good?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  6. shishir

shishir Guest

thanks! but how do you know what ure ps2 version is? and do you need a mod chip to play the dvds?

7. fibertag

fibertag Guest

Some one else will have to answer the question about the version Im not sure. But to answer you second question no you do not need a mod chip to play dvds on your ps2.

8. shishir

shishir Guest

yes thanks! but i know u can play DVDs on ps2, i have played normal DVDs b4. but i bought a DVD-RW, then dwnldd a movie clip and then i tried to play it, it didnt work. my friend had said that u need a mod chip or multi region tap ( i dont know what they both are).

9. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

10. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

a movie from the internet (which will be illegal anyways) will probably be in .avi or .mpeg format and wont play driectly on a ps2. you would have to convert it to dvd format first using something like TMPGenc. I have backed up my dvd on -r, +r and +rw and all have played on my version 5 ps2.

www.whitedog.co.uk this site has a section on it to determine what version ps2 you have.
    hope this helps