1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i burn both DVD+RW/- RW on 1 drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by calio, May 14, 2007.

1. calio

calio Member

My P.C has a DVD+ drive but my player wont play it and most of my backup movies or already DVD-.I know im gonna hav2 update my home player 2 either play DVD+ or BOTH if i can but is me having a DVD+ drive better? or do i just go wit the most popular,the one i always see on the spot? Can my drive burn both wit tha right software or will it mess my thing up?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

RW media can be trickier on stand alone players. R media is easier for them to read.

If you don't have nero,then this free program will tell us all the info we need:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

This is the site where you can look up your stand alone players specs,and even feedback from other peeps with the same player:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Post back the brand name,model#,and current firmware version of your dvd-rw drive.

Also post back the Media code (MID code)of your media.

Players can have trouble with a certain: format,MID coded media,burn engine,sticker labels,and even certain burners.

The best way to avoid this compatability issue is to booktype the plus format to dvd-rom.A booktyping capable drive,the plus format is superior by a landslide. In a non booktyping drive,the dash format is superior.

Post back that info and we'll tell you if your drive has that capability.

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If you update just make sure it's a dual format dvdr+ and dvdr-