1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i burn these files on cd?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by yandao87, Jul 20, 2005.

1. yandao87

yandao87 Member

i have downloaded a .iso file which is said to be ripped off a dvd.

qn1: can i burn this iso(600mb) file on a cd? will it still work like a dvd?
    qn2: can i burn many of these .iso on a single dvd so as to save money?

thank you,
    lawrence

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. yandao87

yandao87 Member

no creaky.. this is not the answer i'm looking for.. i know how to burn a image..

4. manestle

manestle Member

No it will not. Stand alone DVD players do not recognize .iso files. The .iso image must be converted to DVD format in order for your DVD player to play it. Your computer disc drives will play and .iso file as long as you have the correct software. Nero has Nero Image Drive which when installed will allow you to mount a .iso file and then open it using what ever media player you have.

5. yandao87

yandao87 Member

no manestle you don't get what i'm asking.. i'm burning the iso not as a image but transferring all the contents onto a dvd.. it will not remain as a .iso on the dvd..

6. manestle

manestle Member

Well in that case yes it will. You will have to use NeroVision Express to do this so that you can prepare a menu for titles. You can make a title for each iso file that was converted. Basically once your done you will have a main menu with each title (video) so you can choose which one you want to play. Without a menu the DVD player will not know what to do. I hope this is the answer you're looking for. Also I can go into detail as to how to create this DVD with multible video files if needed.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i suggested the ISO guide as i thought you didn't know how to do it, being as if you did know how to do it you would have tried and wouldn't have asked.
    my bad :)

8. yandao87

yandao87 Member

oh yes manestle please teach me how.. i'm quite a newbie.. not so sure how to do it.. i saw two options - dvd and dvd vr.. what's the difference? then how can i add the iso file in?? thank you very much!!!!!