1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Burn Xbox Game Using This DVD Decrypter Software???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pitty567, Jan 2, 2005.

1. pitty567

pitty567 Guest

Hi i'm new here just wondering can I burn xbox & ps2 games using this DVD Decrypter software? I got a dvd burner and modded xbox, if someone could give me fully instruction how to copy game that will be great, thanks.

2. imiz

imiz Member

I have tried copying xbox games with DVD Decryptor. It burns the game on DVD-R, but when I load the game in the xbox, xbox thinks it is a dvd and suggests that I use the dvd kit with remote. So I installed the dvd kit to check what would happen, and then it gives a message that "it is an xbox game put it in the xbox to play it". Of course, it is already in the xbox, does not play it as a game.

It could be something to do with boot sector, but I don't know enough to figure it out.

3. Toon_Army

Toon_Army Guest

This is what i have been told so don't hold me to this.A Xbox game is made diffirent to PS2 game.Instead of reading from the middle of the Disc to the out side like a Dvd film.The Xbox game is read from the out side of the disc to the middle thats why its a pain to use your Xbox.Patch.PC and a T.V.plus a boot disc to backup a Xbox game

4. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

XBox games are protected unlike PS2 games, there are methods to copy them but DVD Decrypter is not one of them im afraid.

PS2 games should not be a problem.

I suggest you have a look on Google for answers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  5. hursty

hursty Active member

you can use dvd decrypter to burn xbox games,but you have to run them through other software first.
    see QUADRATIC'S sticky in the xbox forum for more details.
    regards hursty

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  6. imiz

imiz Member

DVD Decrypter copies an already copied game, but not an original xbox game. I have tried it with both.

It appears that there is no image burner software that can copy an xbox original directly from your pc. What most people are using is an FTP program to connect the xbox to pc, and transfer the game to pc, which would be in the xbox format since it is read from the xbox and hence can be copied using DVD Decrypter or other similar programs. Of course, you'll need to have a modchip and a dashboard installed on your xbox to accomplish that.

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

As imiz said, i was referring to orginal XBOX games, of course once a game is copied then you can use DVD Decrypter.

The method to copy original XBOX games is a pain in the butt, FTP and all that crap LOL