1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I connect a HDMI signal to a VGA port on a Video Projector

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Chippy7, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Chippy7

Chippy7 Guest

I have recently purchased a Yamaha Receiver and a Mitsuibishi HD DLP TV. I have connected these two items with an HDMI cable.

what I would like to do is place a splitter between the Yamaha Receiver and the HDTV so that I can take the HDMI signal an feed a Video Projector that I have. The Video projector is a Sharp PGA-10X which claims to be able to accept 720p and 1080i signals but does not have a HDMI port. It only has a VGA port and a composite video port. So my question is can I take a HDMI signal and convert it directly to VGA? If so can some one recommend the device vendor for doing this.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I'd say doing this isn't a very good idea. HDMI carries a digital signal and VGA carries an analog signal. Converting a digital signal to an analog signal will definitely give you quality loss in the picture department.

I don't think I've ever seen a converter like that anyways. All I've seen is an analog to digital converter.

3. LForce

LForce Member

Here is the cable you need:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio...component-cables-55-873-rca/prod55873RCA.html

I had a Sharp XR-10X, it has the same VGA-HD15 connector as yours does. Connect the RGB end on your A/V Receiver monitor out. It produces a very good HD signal. I have since upgraded to a Panasonic 200U projector and the hd seems just as good on the Sharp. You may need to disconnect the HDMI out when you want to use the projector.