1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN I COPY ALL EPISODES ON 1 DVD WITHOUT MAIN MENU

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by JAYRA, Oct 31, 2004.

1. JAYRA

JAYRA Member

Hi, I use DVD2zone after decrypting my dvd's however I wanted to copy one of my Alias discs without the main menu and just have all episodes play back to back. I tried to do this and I picked movie only and I only got one of the episodes. I just don't feel like copying the whole main menu and special features because of quality. All the episodes together is approx. 178 min so, I really don't want to add on. Any help would be great!

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

3. JAYRA

JAYRA Member

Thanks, where do I go to purchase dvd shrink?

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

JAYRA,

If you already have DVD2One, (not the trial) you should be using that, It can do it faster and better than DVD Shrink. If you haven't purchased DVD2One then by all means go with DVD Shrink.

DVD2One was made exactly for what you're doing. I bought it because I couldn't think of episodes with out the proggy. Sopranos, Sex and the City, Space Giants, Wonderwoman, The 6 Million Dollar man, Lost in Space, The Shield, NYPD Blue and my list goes on, . . . and on . .

Cheers,

Pete

6. regor

regor Regular member

Wonderwoman? Is that the one with the bionic ear? <hehe>

I posted an earlier thread re: IfoEdit96 where you can select the menu(s)/title(s) that you don't wish to play and choose "DeletePlayback". Give it a try. It works best, better, bested... how's that for a declension?

R

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

regor,

I think you were asking if it was the one with the bionic mouth weren't you - ?

No, this was the one with the lasso and the "cuffs" - What a gal -

8. regor

regor Regular member

I just knew something about her was bionic... decidedly 'big' what ever it was, could'uv been her mouth... she does have an endearing smile, and cuffs :)

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, the Cups, Oooopppsss, I mean the "Cuffs" do it every time -

10. JAYRA

JAYRA Member

I have been using DVD SHRINK all weekend copying all my tv episodes Band Of Brothers Alias & the picture quality has been tons better.I didn't think it could get any better until I saw Regor posted that you could select the menu(s)/title(s) that you don't wish to play and choose "DeletePlayback". How does this work? When I use DVD Shrink I usually have been using re-author DVD but, whenever I choose full disc it won't let me take out the fullscreen version of the film. Is there a way to let the full menu play but then for other features in the backround not to play exept the widescreen movie? Thanks

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

JAYRA,

For the editing proggy, he was speaking about IfoEdit -

Here -

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/ifoedit.cfm

Please remember to read this section - Please note that this version of IFOEdit doesn't work perfectly with Windows XP, so it is strongly recommended to use it with Win2k instead.

Not using DVD Shrink. I would use sonething like DVD2One, (Ooooohh, but then I said that already didn't I ?)

Well then, if you like the way DVD Shrink worked then why not try Nero's recode 2. It works the same but you keep your menus - you'll like it, I'm sure -

Cheers,

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  12. regor

regor Regular member

Hi JAYRA - You need to backup the full movie to retain menu functionality. Unless the content of the original DVD is less than 4.7GB you will get better compression (not having to compress as much) by using DVD Shrink in re-authoring mode, getting rid of unwanted portions of the DVD (video/audio). So what you are doing now is good.

What I described in the previous thread was how to use Ifoedit96 (different program) to delete playback of unwanted titles. It does NOT delete the content, it's still on the DVD, you just don't play it. The downside, again... if you make a backup of the full movie (which you must do to retain the menu) it may be highly compressed because you are trying to cram all of it on to a 4.7GB DVD, so the video quality may suffer.

You can however make the backup with Shrink in re-author mode and select only the main movie and any extras of interest and then manually author a DVD with Nero (as example) to create your own custom menus for the various scenes or titles - selecting only those portions you are interested in. This takes some practice to get the process down right. And remember, you are limited on how much you can fit on a DVD so the main movie and any extras can't exceed ~4.3GB - one reason why compression is so important.

The other option (wow do you have options or what?) is to use Shrink in re-author mode and select the main movie and any extras of interest and simply burn the DVD - you get the content without menus. In a nut-shell you would play the main movie directly followed by any extras you added. The up-side is that you use Shrinks ability to compress - you get the content you are interested in, but not ALL of the content of the full movie backup so video quality should be better, but alas, you don't have the menus. You do have the normal 'title and chapter' selections so you can maneuver to the parts of the movie you wish to view the extras.

Hope this answers your question. R

13. regor

regor Regular member

Hmmm... I've never used Recode 2, I've just done it manually, which is a pain.

I'll check it out and let you know what I think.

And interesting enough, after going back to the original thread, it seems as though Shrink is doing exactly what JAYRA wanted; allows for playing of the episodes back-to-back and does retain the title/chapter functionality.

Coolness.

Gratci. R

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Iffin ya want "Coolness", you have got to work with recode2.
    It's the most under-used, under-rated proggy around -

For episodel work it is great, the only thing better, And simplier would be the DVD2One I was speaking about -

Guys, it's a "hands-on" thing - you have to try them both, really "play" with them, Then make up your mind -

Enjoy,

Pete

15. JAYRA

JAYRA Member

Thank you very much for the valuable information Scuba Pete & Regor. I am downloading IFO EDIT which looks to be an awesome program as you were saying. I can't wait to try it out. I was also interested in Recode2. Did you already post a URL for Recode2. I probably need to go back and check.
    Oh yeah, I see that IFO EDIT doesn't work to well with Windows XP? Does it not work entirely with XP or does it just work partial? THANKS!

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

JAYRA,

Try IfoEdit and see if it works - sometimes it works, sometimes not -

For recode go to Nero, download the main proggy the come back and get recode2, it's an add on -

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

Cheers,

Pete