1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I drink old sake?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JaguarGod, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I was wondering if it is safe to drink sake that is old (like from the 1970s). If unsafe, is there anything that I can do with it? I would hate to throw it out.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

This could possibly make the incoherent post, thread.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Then again, you could give it a try....just have the paramedics on standby. Just in case.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

if its sealed and hasnt turned to rice vinegar quite likely ok.smell it first.if it smells funky......well.but on the other hand sake is relatively cheap,so unless moneys an object,maybe put it on a shelf and buy a new bottle.LOL

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

If anyone is brave enough, I have an unopened can of Billy Beer left over from the 70's. I'm sure it is beyond James Brown funky at this point in time.

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you could drink it, as long as it is sealed up and has not been in the light, let us know how it tastes!

8. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I will not try it yet. I will first have to get some sushi. Thank you for all the responses. Also, I don't know if this helps, but the bottle is solid white, so maybe that kept the light out :p

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it went. Thanks again!!

9. varnull

varnull Guest

All beers and wines are sterile when they are bottled or canned. I have drunk beer which is 30 years out of date, and wine... well people will pay silly money for old wines and drink them. I have some home made rowan wine from the early 80's and it is real nice now.. paint stripper until it is 5 or 6 years old.

As long as alcohol has been kept sealed it will last pretty much forever. Remember once we found some 30 year old beer buried where some houses had been pulled down.. cans were a but rusty on the outside.. beer inside was lovely.

10. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

I say give your self an enema with it....