1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I keep just the audio and video options.

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Timmay, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Timmay

Timmay Guest

I don't know any of the terminology or what the files I read are. If someone has a guide they can point me out to I would appreciate it. Anyways, I use DVD2One. Can I keep just the movie and the audio options so I can use the DTS option. Aslo the movies that have Widescreen and regular, can I keep the option. Or do I have to distinguish which is which when I use DVD2One. thanks for the info.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

If the DVD had DTS, then its' stream will be selectable. I am not sure what you mean about the Widescreen option, but if you use the new version of DVD2ONE (1.1.1) and you select full disc option, then you will get everything anyway :)

Paul.

PS : Moved this to the DVD2ONE forum

3. Timmay

Timmay Guest

What do you mean by stream. When I said the option of widescreen or regular. Like with big fat greek wedding, you can watch it in either mode. Can i keep that option. I don;t know what the streams represent , is there a guide.

4. Timmay

Timmay Guest

I have 1.0.1 version of DVD2One

5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK, each part of the disc (video/audio/subtitle) has a stream. Depending on what you want, you run these streams simultaneously, or not. Lets say you want movie in English with Finnish dubbing (sorry dRD!) you would select those options and as the video runs, it would play the English audio and put the subtitles at the bottom. Bear in mind that other streams of different audio tracks and subtitles are present, you are just not using them. I have not seen movies that have two streams for widescreen and normal, that is down to the television, so in answer to your question, the option will remain for yo to use widescreen or normal if your television has that function. With that version of DVD2ONE you are able to select which audio and subtitle streams you want to include and therefore you could be saving space for the main movie itself.

You should upgrade to DVD 1.1.1 anyway, as that new version allows you to do a full copy of the disc, which means you can keep the menu and other extras.

Paul.