1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Put A Radeon 9800 Pro?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by eLiTe23q, Oct 22, 2005.

1. rugripper

rugripper Guest

jonni s right you have to pay to play.if you dont, then you might as well throw your money down the toilet or give it to me ill take it.hey jonni whats happening?

2. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

Hi rug , going good mate , I gotta get a new PSU as well my Thermaltake 480w butterfly is playing up so i'm going for a Seasonic S12-600 ... hows your new system settling in ?

@ eLiTe23q don't go for the 9600 aim a bit higher than that ;)

3. rugripper

rugripper Guest

getting ready to fire up this bad boy.just got my sound card heres my system.went with the asrock like you said.dont want to buy pci-e yet.[but you were right i can install both, thanks]

thermaltake dream tsunami all alum. case\side window w fan on window
    x64 3700+ san diego
    sony dru 810a dvd dl burner x 2[on sale for 2]
    1gb kit of ocz el plat timings 1t 2225[real fast mem]
    asrock 939-sata 2 mb[because of support for agp and pci-e]kool huh?
    asus star ice heatsink and fan[what a pain to install]
    win xp pro[oem]
    wd 250gb 16mb cache sata 2 hard drive[will add 1 later,config raid 0]
    hiper r 580 watt sli ready power supply
    x-fi fatal1ty sound card with x64 ram drive
    6800gt agp overclocked bfg[this card plays any game out there now]

just hope it dosent blow up when i plug it in...lol..,i hope im lol.

suxs to hear about that power supply.this guy just wants to throw anything in his pc,but you know as well as i.there guidelines for a reason, right?hey! but if they want a scrap heap in there room, thats fine with me...lol

4. OzMick

OzMick Guest

You weren't really getting the point of my message rugmuncher, I was trying to say that the total wattage number isn't what people should be focusing on. It is more important to have a psu that can deliver the correct current on the required line (usually 5V), and have a psu that is well built in terms of componentry. 600W may sound fantastic, but if some dodgy company quietly states that it delivers 40 amps down the 12V line you're as good off as getting a cheap 300W. They bump up the 12V line number so they can stick a bigger wattage tag on the unit.

5. rugripper

rugripper Guest

your right i am a rug muncher and proud of it....lol.....i also like to go diving...and also you need a better power supply in that shuttle box....not enough juice man...surprized it ran that long

6. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

im only a kid so im willing to pay abt 250$ for a graphics card and under 130$ for a ps now -.- all my money gone haha but for good cause

7. rugripper

rugripper Guest

cool man well worth it.dont get the hiper r power suppy,dont like the plugs.the modstream is suppose to be one of the best out there,but there alot of others that are alittle cheaper.go in internet search put in pc power supply reviews.youll be able to check alot of them out see which one is the best.or start a thread
    whats a good 400-500 watt power supply,then check out what they tell you.hope this helps.sorry about the money part,im not made of money myself[lol]peace bro

8. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

lol i still cant decide what ps to get and wat graphics card to get now

9. rugripper

rugripper Guest

thats funny.spend the money build a new pc,yea right[lol]if i were you id save enough money to buy a 6800gt of a 850 radeon.then i would get a good 500 watt power supply.i did what your doing now i have 4 vido cards plus 2 old voodoo cards,3 sound cards plus the x-fi i just bought,got a couple of power supplies laying around,it suxs cause i wanted to upgrade everytime a game wouldnt play right[lol]so i save my money and built a pc that should go the distance for a while i hope[lol]pcs sux for that reason but the graphics are always better on a pc.played the new xbox360 today,what a hunk of garbage,game keep freezing,skins would fall off charector then you would see wireframe or a solid blue color.what junk

10. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

hahah just send me ur stuff lmao ^^ anyways would a 128mb 6600gt pci do for me to get abt 60+ fps of source?

11. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

I dont want a state of the art graphics card something that will get me abt 40-60 fps in source and plz dont recommend me a 6600gt or something thank you

12. rugripper

rugripper Guest

that card is probably pci-e[pci express],you have an agp slot alsoif that is pci interface agp is faster.let me tell you bro you have to pay to play,dont know what else to tell you,peace

13. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

so which is better 128mb pci or 128mb agp?

14. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

what abt the geforce 6600 256mb (not gt)

15. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

well im deciding to nvidia 6600gt now

16. rugripper

rugripper Guest

what do you want to do with pc?your up early huh?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  17. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

nah not early its abt 8:20 here in aus lol. i dont want much out of my pc just enough fps for css cause im getting only like 12 fps in css when there is like 14 players+ a new question can u put a pc3200 ram with a pc133 ram?

18. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

can u put sdram with pcram?

19. rugripper

rugripper Guest

dont waste your money upgrading that pc by or build a new one.pc133 is old memory.look in your bios and see what the settings are but probably not.sounds to me thats an old comp old technology,hey man,im in usa nj only 6:30 am here .it is thursday there right?counter strike needs a good pc.plus your internet connection has alot to do with that game.the lag might be the internet connection to.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  20. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

nah im just wondering if i can add it to my system? ive got a 512k cable connection the lag is coming from my graphics card cause i got a crap fx 5200 256mb graphics card