1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Put A Radeon 9800 Pro?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by eLiTe23q, Oct 22, 2005.

1. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

Thank You My main reason is for css but does it tend to get hotter quicker or Just really hot? for the 9800 Pro If So how much would be fans costing me in AUD

2. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

3. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Well, the fanless heatsink I bought was about 32USD, or 43AUD, but it didn't come with a fan that I was supposed to get for it (the brand was from Zalman and the part number was ZM80C-HP, and I was missing the optional fan for it, so I just put a "custom" fan on). The main reason that I had to do that in the first place was that the original fan was acting up at first, so I had to buy a replacement, but it turned out that I needed to buy the optional fan, so recently I just stuck a regular case fan to the side of it where two logos are screwed on to it. I didn't care much cuz it was already OEM and I don't really care much for it now, it just works for my system as it is. I'm just waiting until the current technology gets cheap enough for me to fully upgrade without diminishing 2000+ dollars out of my pocket. Well, I hope that helped some.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  4. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

ok i found out i am going to buy a radeon 9800PRO as i found it can get better fps than the 6600gt. For the cooling solution im going to get 2 antec case fans (something my friend will get for me). And im going to get a 500W antec power supply. this is a total of about 300AUD all my old stuff will go into my brothers computer :p

5. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Well, good for you. I'm glad that you've finally come to a solution. I hope that everything works out for you. Good luck!