1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i put a VCD onto a website?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Blitz15, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Blitz15

Blitz15 Member

I video recorded with a Sony Video Camcorder. My friend burnt copies of it onto CD-R Audio Discs (is this a VCD?) When I put it in my computer, I double click one of the 4 files, open it with Windows Media Player, and it works fine. How can I put it onto a website? Will it work for Geocities? If not, are there any other FREE servers that it will work on? If you need more information you can post or email be at blitzball18@yahoo.com THANK YOU!

P.S. If this is in the wrong thread please tell me and I will move it to the correct one.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I think you can just rename the .dat files to .mpg and upload that. Try copying to your hard drive, renaming them, and opening them. If they open, it should work when you upload onto your website. Just a thought. You might want to convert them to a smaller Win Media (wmv) format so it can be streaming video too. Otherwise, people have to download the whole mpg before watching it.