1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I put a VHS tape on DVD?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by djkltt12, Dec 4, 2004.

1. djkltt12

djkltt12 Member

I have many movies that I have taped that I would like to put on DVD. Is this possible. I have a Sony CD/DVD burner in my computer, I just need to know if I can buy somesort of cable to hook my VCR to my computer. The cheaper the better. Can anyone help?

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You will need a capture card in your computer to connect the VCR. There are many such cards out there varying in price range. Do a Google search on "capture cards".

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You will probably need a converting software to make the VHS files into the proper dvd format files for burning along with the capture card mentioned by grandpabw. If any of your VHS tapes are purchased movies, you will need a macrovision remover box in the video out line from the VCR to the capture card. This isn't needed for tapes you recorded and home movies.

Jerry

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

5. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

so if i have a standalone DVD burner hooked up to my TV, and i then plug a VCR into it, it wont copy the VCR onto the DVD?
    There is a box that needs to be inbetween?