1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Rip then Edit, then Write to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by krusick, Apr 29, 2005.

1. krusick

krusick Member

A real Newbie in this area. I have a bunch of VCR tapes from the Discovery and History Channels that I'd like to move over to DVD-Rs. The problem is that these recordings have all the associated commercials along with the programs. Is it possible to 1) copy these to a DVD-RW format on my VCR/DVD writer, then 2) Copy the DVD to computer memory, 3) edit out the commercials and 4) write the edited Rip out to a DVD-R via a DVD-R Writer installed on my computer. If it's doable, could someone recommend the SW that I might need to accomplish this.

Thank you in advance

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you will need some sort of hardware card/slot for the cables to go in from the vcr.

and nero visionexpress will take the files and convert them, you may even edit them before / as it goes along? but tmpgenc dvd author will take a dvd and you can crop out stuff! then make the files to burn to dvd

i have never done this, but thats the basic approach

3. krusick

krusick Member

Hi: Thanks for the reply, should be very helpful. Am planning on putting an "Emprex 16X Dual +/- R, +/- RW & Double Layer DVD Writer" in my computer so I guess I'd use the "DVD Shuffle" (take the DVDs out of the VCR/DVD Dubber and read them in through the Computer's Reader/Writer. So it appears that you've given me the info I needed. Also, I think that Nero comes with the computer DVD Drive. Will also get the S/W you recommended. Thank you.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes some type of firewire card or capture card etc.. so the cables can be fitted, but with nero there is nero burning rom/express and nero visionexpress you need VISIONexpress, download package 2 from www.nero.com

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005