1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I sell DVD Xpress?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jeditig, Jan 20, 2004.

1. jeditig

jeditig Member

Can I sell DVDXpress. It did not work on my computer, too many read and / or write errors. I use Shrink with Nero and everything works great.

Are there any restrictions for me to sell my copy (registered) of DVD Xpress to someone or list on ebay?

I think as long as the new person has the license number and passcode they can run the program.?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I would call 321studios on their 800 number 1st to make sure how to do it. The serial numbers are registered to your name address and possibly your e-mail address too.
    I don't think there will be a big problem, but I would check with them to make sure.
    Jerry

3. dansisler

dansisler Member

I am in the same boat, got DVDXPress and it didnt work with my machine. I then d/l DVDShrink and got NERO, now all work great....I would like the sell the DVDX also, but worry if I sell it, what if the buyer has problems???

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The reason I suggested you call first is because your install registrations are limited to 3 times. Then you have to call them anyway to get more.
    Jerry

5. chopsman

chopsman Guest

Well I cant help you as far as DVD X Press but I recently called 321 about my second hand copy of platinum that I purcahased from my brother. I was having problems registering the program. They told me that the license ID was non transferable and that my best bet was to just give it back to him...My copy was legal with a legal serial too.
    Hope this helps

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well I guess thats the answer. If they won't transfer Platinum, they probably won't transfer Express or other software either. Thats not a good way to do business, if its a legal sale from the original owner.
    Jerry

7. chopsman

chopsman Guest

Yeah..I think so too. He even had the receipt where he bought it. I couldnt register it, I thought I was just doing something wrong, so I gave 321 a call and thats what they told me and get this. My bro only installed it one time on his PC...it crashed about 2 months later and he wasnt going to replace it any time soon so he sold me his copy of DVD X Copy Platinum for chicken feed($30.00)But 321 wouldnt let me register it dont that suck?

8. chopsman

chopsman Guest

One other thing...I got Nero 6 Ultra and it Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Chopsman, The only other thing you might be able to do if you live close to your brother is take your computer to his house. Use his internet connection and set up Platinum from there as though he got a new computer. Since he only used 1 install you should have at least 2 more.(3 given with Express not sure of Platinum). Its more playing around but should work. I had to call them with Express when I installed a new HD. This will be another complaint people have against 321studios software. They keep pushing possible customers away from their own company.
    Jerry

10. chopsman

chopsman Guest

I totally agree. If someone goes out and buys a legal copy of Platinum or any software...I think they should be entitled to infinite installs...Hell thats an expensive program. What you do with said program after you purchase it is your business. 321 Studios is trying to keep their hands on your software even after the sale and beyond. The idea you had with the PC switch wouldnt work because he leaves in another state...not unless I ship it to him. Well for me anyway 321 Studios is blacklisted unless they make it right to consumers and I do not look for that.