1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I send my home video somewhere to be edited by a professional

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mad555, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mad555

mad555 Member

I have a college graduation home video and a vacation home video that I need to edit and make presentable to watch. I know how to edit but I rather pay a professional to edit my home movies for me. I searched the web using google and I was not able to find any professional editing company. Does anyone know of any kind of company that will edit my home movies?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mad555

2. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

There are always Local Professionals..starving Professionals I might add...that will do it Usually under $500.00 if it's no more that 4hrs(finished) and you don't keep going back and asking for the Impossible..ha..ha.

Be sure you check references, view their "studio" and profolio...and definately make back-ups of all "footage" before turning it over to them.

3. mad555

mad555 Member

true, thanks I will look in my local phone book for something of the sort.
    Thanks
    Any other suggestions?

4. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

most towns/cities large enough to support more than 1 TV station usually has a Video production Industry..be sure to check under Photography/Videoographer....the "money" is really only left in the Camera work..the editing is just Post Production and today with everyone owning NLE software just the Pure Editing Business has gone the way of the Drug Store Photo Developing, the BlackSmith, etc.

5. mad555

mad555 Member

thanks again headborg I wll search later today and I know it will be under videogpher. Thanks again