1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i softmod without AR/Controller Method/etc.?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by AROAH, Apr 1, 2007.

1. AROAH

AROAH Member

is there a way to softmod my xbox without breaking it open, using AR, using the controller method, or already having a custom dash installed on it? i want to be able to play my backup games but dont want to put a modchip in it and i cant find an adapter for my controller. i suppose that if it came down to the only alternative would being using AR i could use it but i really want a different way. at the very least i want to put a custom dash like Avalaunch on my xbox. if it helps at all i do have mechassault, but it is the platinum hits version.

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

hmm from all i have read i dont think there is any otherway. i would just spend the 20 bucks on action replay or see if some friends have the stuff to do it.

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

If you have some other way to get the save, then yeah. But essentially, that save has to come from somewhere, and usually that's an action replay or another modded 'box.

You might be best off finding someone with a modded one, who can put it onto a memory unit for you.