1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I turn my lcd laptop monitor into a desktop monitor?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Brian0079, Aug 3, 2004.

1. pinn2

pinn2 Member

Any of you guys in or near London (Docklands side)?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  2. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

I'm in London but not near Docklands, I'm in Ealing. ;)

3. mike82y

mike82y Member

Thanks mate!!

I will email the seller for further information and will keep you updated! Hopefully it will work out for me too :D
    Im from Germany.

Mike

4. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

dann können wir ja eigentlich auch deutsch reden ... :lol:

but this is an English forum, so let's stick with English ... ;)

Yeah, I guess it's best to find out whether your display is supported by the converter before planning anything else ...

5. heyDo

heyDo Member

Hi
    I have a LT150x3-126 screen from samsung out of an compay presario 1800. I want to connect it to vga or dvi or VESA but i need the pinout or the datasheet. It has an inverter for the lamp with a cable with 6 wires and a connector for the tft with 21 but only (i think) 14 are used.
    Thx for help me.

6. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

did you read this thread at all?
    you need the converter mentioned on this page and the previous one...

7. bytedawg

bytedawg Member

There is a whole mass of good information available in previous posts that seems to be totally ignored and in soime cases common sense and logic has been thrown out the window for a float test apparently.
    First off, again and I say AGAIN, all lcd displays are not created equal. For the most part every single connector design is unique and not compatible with anything else except the same dispaly. ALSO, LCD's are not directly compatible with RGB as in a video out on any ewxternbal connector without conversion compatible with the signal requirements of the display.

8. heyDo

heyDo Member

Yes I know..
    Ok I correct my question. Where can I check out what controller board supports my Display? And on this page (sorry it is german:p)
    Klick Me
    connected I guy the tft to Vesa Port is this possible?
    Please correct me if I understood something wrong.

9. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

Ach du guter Gott... Das ist ein hornaltes Display (kann 256 Farben und laeuft mit 16 Farben) und auch hornalte Grafikkarten. Damals war noch alles anders. Heutzutage haben Grafikkarten keinen VESA Anschluss mehr und TFT panels werden mit LVDS angesteuert. Diese Anleitung wird also mit deinem Display nicht funktionieren.

Laut Modellnummer scheint dein Display die 15" Variante von meinem 14" Display zu sein. Das sollte also mit dem selben Konverter funktionieren. Frag aber am Besten mal beim Verkaeufer auf Ebay nach. Er benoetigt die genaue Modellnummer und ein paar Bilder von den Anschluessen am Display.

I hope noone on here minds me writing that in German...

10. heyDo

heyDo Member

Ok dankschee. Dann weiß ich ja jetzt alles was ich wissen wollte ;).

Thx

11. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

any more questions, just ask ... ;)

12. heyDo

heyDo Member

Is there a chance to get the converter/controller board out of the laptop or is it on the mainboard?

13. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

there is no converter in the laptop at all. the signal is generated directly in the format the display panel requires.

14. heyDo

heyDo Member

mh I checked ebay but I don´t found any seller because the seller you mentioned above don´t sell anymore :( .

15. yesyesuk

yesyesuk Member

oh, that's sad ... hopefully he will start selling again. I still have 2 panels ...

On the other hand, the kit I bought looks very much like the electronics from a standard TFT monitor. So maybe you can find a cheap faulty TFT monitor on ebay, say, with a cracked display panel but electronics intact. Then you can just use the electronics from that monitor, you only need to fiddle with the connectors probably.

16. bytedawg

bytedawg Member

If the lcd panel is identical this will work but if they are not of the same manufacturer or design different drivers are probably used and you
    will probably find smoke or if you're lucky a scrambled display image.
    Also the converter is actually on the logic board in most cases but as stated designed specifically for the unique fpd and very difficult to remove though you can find details for signals in the data book.

17. brad1150

brad1150 Member

I have a LG Phillipes LP133X7 monitor, it has a 20 pin cable and a 5 pin cable witch is all red and conencted to another board from which is a pink and white cable going to the lcd. I have an ILO L15CBT monitor, IDK what type of lcd but its 15". The lcd is cracked but th erest is intact, migth I be bale to use the control board from it with my LP133X7 lcd?

18. DargonBM

DargonBM Guest

Hey I have a 15.4 inch widescreen LCD panel from an Averatec 6130HS-20 it has a 30 pin cable and a 2 pin cable the panel is a Quanta Display QD15TL02:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am wondering if it is possible to first off get this to work as a desktop computer monitor and secondly if it is possible to get it to work as a widescreen one...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  19. motaba

motaba Guest

Hello to all!

I have a LCD panel from a Toshiba laptop computer.

The panel is the : Sharp LQ150X1LH62 with the Sharp P/N DC025031900 cable.

Also i have all the hardware from a NEC LCD1560V+ (Nec MultiSync LCD1560+).

As i checked all the pcb from the Nec monitor i found that are 3 boards.
    The first is the PSU board with two outputs. One for the inverter and one for the converter.

I've got the inverter board ok.

As i checked the converter pcb i found that there is one "THine THC63LVDM83R" chip..

This is a VLSD converter chip..

Is it possible to fit the Sharp lcd panel to Nec's boards ?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

20. Kreyon

Kreyon Member

Dargon.. yes you can use it as a Desktop monitor, but you will need the converter that was mentioned above (or something like it.) and right now they are hard to find. the Ebay auction was the first real good product at a nice price found so far and I don't know yet why he stopped selling. (but I hope to find out if there is somewhere we could find where he got his stock.)

Motaba, What are you asking?

the best thing for anyone who is new to this thread can learn and take away from thins is that, yes you can give new life to you old laptop monitor and use it for a Desktop monitor or even a flatpanel TV, the only thing you have to know is that you will need an INTERFACE BOARD to do the conversion for you, if you have lots of time and a few hundred dollars you can make one yourself, if not you will need to find someone who offers them (look for links in earlier posts of this thread.) and then you need to enquire to the seller if your LCD's interface is compatible with the board. very basic and right down to the meat of this issue. there are alot of different interfaces out there these days, so each board found and described will work for some and not others, this is why you must communicate with the seller and make sure.

quit asking if it can be done already, the answer is yes, the question that we all need to work on finding the answer to is "WHERE CAN WE GET THEM"? ( the interface boards.) and where can we get them at a price that doesn't beak the bank?