1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use a US HD Player with a UK Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by xanderta, Jul 26, 2007.

1. xanderta

xanderta Member

I'm from the UK and in august I will be going to the USA for a holiday, having seen the recent HD-player promotion aswell as the great exchange rate I am thinking of buying one while I'm over there, but will it be compatible with my UK Xbox 360, (i.e. will it recognise it, function correctly and run Pal HD-DVDs as well as US ones).

Thanks in advance

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

I am going to guess, and say no (using logic only), because of region codes. ----remember, this is just a guess.

they are only running that promo in the US?

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

No... you cant

4. xanderta

xanderta Member

I hear what you are saying but I was led to believe that HD DVD was region free, In various forums I have seen people saying that it doesn't matter about regions for these things.

If anyone has tried this then please let me know

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I haven't tried it but I don't think it will work because the XBOXs them self have regions....

*REQUEST MOVE TO XBOX FORUM*

6. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Last Updated : 09/04/07 -
    Where can i get the drive?

Various online retailers have the drive listed including gameplay.co.uk, play.com, game.uk.com etc. currently most stores show in stock.

You can import a drive from the US or Asia as the power supply is compatible (but you need a figure of eight lead (3 amp fuse)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...uck3r/fig8.jpg. Well used importers include www.movietyme.com and www.play-asia.com

Consideration of importing can be warranty validity and cost.

Region coding?

Currently (09/04/07) there is no region coding defined for HD-DVD but it is being planned by the DVD forum members. Even if region coding is implemented at some future date old uncoded discs will still play.

Can the drive play region 1 DVD's?

No, the drive takes its region coding for dvd from the xbox 360 it is connected to so its still region 2 for uk machines.

Can i play HD-DVD's bought from america?

At least until region coding is introduced. It is still not clear if current uncoded drives can be updated to implement region coding.

Looks like it will work.

7. chaopiao

chaopiao Guest

***spam removed by creaky***

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Die spammer... I bet it will be ddp that "gets' you