1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Kryptview A750 be setup for freeview ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by johno2008, Dec 26, 2011.

1. johno2008

johno2008 Member

Folks,
    I have a Kryptview A750 from a few years back,I'm just wondering is it possible to use this box to pull in the freeview channels form uk or even the new irish digital channels ?

Regards,
    John

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

no box needs a vm signal for box to work and the lan to connect to decrypt the channels,saorview is an irish service picked up by aerial on roof/or cats ears antenna type but is on a mpeg4 and cable boxes are on mpeg2.
    the kv750 still works in uk only if you have bought the iconnect to hook up to internet
    and have the latest file.

3. johno2008

johno2008 Member

Thanks Cactikid,
    So am I correct in saying that the Kryptview A750 can only be used in the UK now and if I want to get the new irish digital channels i need to buy a combo box so that I can get the irish and uk freeview
    Regards,
    John

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

no cable boxes have worked in irl for nearly 2 years,it still works in uk as they are still on mpeg2,irl are on mpeg4 and nagra3 on cable is why no cable boxes work=no fix.
    yes a combo box that has mpeg4 decoding for saorview preferably hd if you have a hd box,and sat tuner which you can get the fta like bbc1 hd,bbc hd,ch4 hd and others,onre thing that lets the boxes down is the epg [electronic program guide ] which is 7 days for the irish service but now and next for the sat,not much use if you want to set a timer recordings in advance for use with an external hard drive.
    some boxes can be updated to use card sharing and sub to open up all the channels,via a paid sub.the saorview side may need an indoor digital aerial or one on roof pointing to correct transmitter depending where you are.sat boxes need a dish pointing to astra 2 or a motorised for more sats depending on location.

5. johno2008

johno2008 Member

Thanks Cactikid,