1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Money Bring happiness?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by geestar20, Jan 23, 2005.

1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I just had a heated debate with a friend about this and I say yes...Money can bring happiness.

I can have all the things I want and do all the things I want. My friend says money can bring alot of problems with it but I stongly disagree.

What do you think?

Please stay on topic.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I say HELL YEA!!!

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You see..thats what im say'n! [​IMG]

If I gave someone a thousond dollars do you think they will be sad about it, I don't think so.

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

Do a search on Jack Whittaker, the largest powerball lotto winner ever. Since winning he has been robbed several times, mugged at a strip club, arrested twice for DUI, accused of attacking a bar manager to which he pleaded no contest, and a dead body was found in his house. His wife has stated that she wished they had never won because all they have had is bad luck since then.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

there was a couple here in ontario, canada mid-late 1990's who won at that time the biggest amount in lottery in canadian history 14.7 million. he was dead in about 6 months of cancer & i think she died about a yr & a half later. look at howard hughes, all that millions & died a recluse

6. hogan

hogan Regular member

It can't buy happiness, but it can buy away unhappiness..

7. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I think it can depending on the type of person you are. At the moment, I'd like nothing more to have a modena sitting in the garage of my 4 story, 30 bedroom mansion. A different girl every night since they all want you for your money. Albeit, once you get sick of that scene and start to grow older, you'll probably want/need different things in life.

Things that you can never buy with money. So, I say when you're in your 20s... money can buy everything... once you hit your 30s and sex is of less interest, you may need something else.

8. flip218

GOD!!! don't say that!!! I turn 30 in about 3 weeks. I hope I always have an interest in sex.

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I believe that money can bring happiness. But I also believe that there's a point at which it can bring unhappiness. Having no money at all and worrying about what bills get paid this month are unhappy times indeed. Having enough money so that retirement is set, kids tuitions are set and there are no worries can be truly happy times. But I also believe that having so much money that you need to worry about who you can trust, and who is friendly because they are a friend or mooch, and whether or not you're paying your accountant enough to trust them can really be stressfull unhappy times.

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Yeah...Like a Menaja Twa [​IMG]

Any ways friends will always be moochers! Thats the way the cycle works, you just have to set limits with them, if they are true friends then they will understand their limits also, if they are new friends then more than likely they are moochers.

I don't have enough money to live comfortable (well a little comfortable), I don't have parents to fall back on and I sure don't have a special account that my parens put aside for me as I was growing up. I never really had money growing up so I would rather have a fat stack of cash in my pocket than some change and lent in my pocket.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Can money buy happiness? I ponder that every time I go to the pharmacy to pick up my anti-depressants.

12. Divinus

Divinus Guest

lmfao

13. hogan

hogan Regular member

Hey!!!! I'm about to be 48... and trust me there is NO lost of interest in sex. It only gets better with age. Just like a fine wine.....

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Very true although I do find myself preferring her to be on top and do most of the work :)

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

slave driver!!!!

16. flip218

LMAO ... I get that way at times.

17. kinza

kinza Regular member

duh...of course, but not too much.

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Money buys me happiness once a week down at the local knockin' shop.......................

Cos I am a regular I now get the Platinum service which gives me 2 lots of happiness for the price of one..............

19. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

See, thats what Im sayin', money does bring happiness whether you giving or taking at the knockin' shop