1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can multiple VCDs be transferred to a DVD-R and still be playable?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kurgan, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Title says it all. I'm curious if I can transfer a bunch of VCDs over to DVDs, to save space (I figure I can put 6-8 onto one disc), and still have them be playable in the DVD player. I know VCDs have a really weird menu system (I've never been able to figure out what all the gibberish is for), so naturally wondered if it would have to be reproduced as a single file system pointing towards the multiple videos, or if they could simply remain the way they are and just copy them to individual sub-folders or something. Advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Kurgan

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

load your mpegs onto hdd & run through tmpegenc dvd author. this will create new dvd standard vob files, then burn with software of your choice.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  3. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Cool, I'll give that a try. One big question, though. Will that change the size of the files? I'd hate to go through all that and then end up defeating the whole purpose of saving space only to find out they're now huge and I can only fit one or two shows on the disc instead of the 6 or 8 I'd planned. :)

4. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Ahhhhh crap! I just went to download TMPEGenc DVD Author, and it only works on Win2000 & XP!!! Grrrr. I can't use the blamed thing. Anything of a similar nature that runs on Win98se?

Kurgan