1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Nero Ultra 6.6 Coexist With EMC 8?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jkd_ba, Mar 18, 2007.

1. jkd_ba

jkd_ba Member

Hi,

Is it possible for (2) CD/DVD writing applications to exist simultaneously on the same PC?

I've been using Nero Ultra Edition v6.6 for quite some time. In wanting to copy my TIVO programs onto my PC for archiving/DVD burning, TIVO support says only Roxio's products (My DVD or Easy Media Creator) can be used to burn a TIVO program to DVD.

Someone has warned me against having both applications on my PC at the same time. Is this true? Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

jkd_ba

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have had Nero 6.6.0.18 and EMC 7 installed for over 2 years together. Nary a problem. I didn't install Nero InCD and I did install EMC drag to disc. Neither program runs at start up and dragtodisc is used seldom and inactivated after using. I almost never get a coaster using Nero. JM2C.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I have both 66018 and EM7 together..... I don't have InCD but do have DragToDisc installed! Both co exist harmoniously and I never get a Nero failure! I don't use Nero as much but I do use it when making a copy of a copy of CDs/DVDs! I use Recode and Vision but not all the time.... still never a coaster in any of my programs! Keep your computer lean and mean and you shouldn't have a problem ..... maybe older computers have conflicts..... mine is 2 yrs old now and still like I first bought it! Very happy with my Dell XPS! It's all in there:
    [​IMG]

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ IHoe

Mine's a 4 year old Dell Dimension 8200. Also very happy owner. No conflicts as mentioned.

5. jkd_ba

jkd_ba Member

Hey, mines a Dimension 8400. All one big happy family huh?

Many Thanks garmoon and IHoe for your replies. You've put my mind at ease.

Much appreciated,

jkd_ba

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Let us know how the coexisting goes! LOL Don'T install the Nero InCD!