1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not find a solution,

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ChrisMike, Mar 22, 2005.

1. ChrisMike

ChrisMike Member

Hello everyone,
    Transfered a 52 min digital Cam video via WinTV PVR 250, using WinTV 2000 and saved it in a folder as a MPEG file (2.55 GB).

1st objective: I am trying to Edit/clean up this video, split it into few/several seperate video files and then insert these seperate video files into my DVD slide show using Pro Show Gold.

2nd objective: as a last resort, at least edit/clean up
    the video files and then insert the whole thing into my DVD slide show.

Using Ulead Movie Maker 3 and Nereo Vision I was unable to find any functions that are able to do that, it seems like I can do basic edit/cut and create chapters but then both programs save it as their own project, therefore I am unable to open any of the the files and move them into my DVD slide show.

Thanks in advance for any solutions you may have.

Chris

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Use the nanopeg editor that came with your PVR-250.
    Find the start of the bit you want, click IN.
    Find the end of the bit you want, click OUT.
    Click ADD INTERVAL.
    click File, select output file, give it a name, click OK.
    Click Generate movie.
    Find the start of the next bit, click IN, find the end, click OUT, click Add interval, click file, select output file, name it, OK, Generate movie.
    Repeat as necessary.
    This will give you separate clips of all the bits you want.
    Import them all into your authoring app.

3. ChrisMike

ChrisMike Member

Hey Jim, thanks again.
    I did this in/out process last night in Ulead, after 2 hours I thought I have created 22 clips, well, they ended it up to be chapters and was not able to use it.
    Looked at the nanopeg last night but it was late, I will go back to it agin tonight. Looked like a down and dirty appl.
    Keeping in mind that I will move these clips into Pro Show Gold dvd slide show. You say to import them all into my authoring app.
    What can I do with all the clips there?
    Can I further edit them?
    If I do, would the authoring app create it's own project and a file?, therefore I would not be able to get at it again.
    I did print you paper on DVDLab for beginners, looks very cool, as of now I don't know why it looks cool, but it does. "LOL". I did download a trial ver.

Thanks Jim

Chris

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Ulead doesn't "cut" in the sense you're thinking. Because it's for making DVD's, it thinks a "cut" is a chapter point.
    Nanopeg will put out separate clips, but ONLY on the unmodified capture mpeg. It cannot edit other mpegs.
    It's simple, easy, and fairly quick, once you get the hang of it. (Very similar to VideoReDo, but free).
    By "authoring app", I was meaning proshow, but DVDLab can do your slideshow as well, although technically it's not a slideshow, because you're using movies, not pictures.
    DVDLab will compile the project to a VIDEO_TS folder, ready to burn. It's not an editor, it's not an encoder, it simply (or not so simply) authors what you put into it, into the correct DVD structure.
    If you want more than simple cuts, you need something more powerful, such as Vegas Movie Studio 4, or Vegas 5. Ulead has limited options, and is what I would consider a hobby toy. It's simple enough to use, but in a dumbed down sort of way. It will take all your clips, and then reauthor them to one movie, with chapters...not exactly what you want.

5. ChrisMike

ChrisMike Member

Hey Jim,
    I did take all the steps as indicated in your post, all looked good till I went to open the file and was unable to open it, and no go with import as well into other apps. I did try few other combos but no go, Drive c and D and also diffrent folders, etc,. I was able to replay the cut clip in NanoPegEditor ver. 2.3.1 and thats it. Under the properties of that file it does not even indicate what kind of file it is, shows size, dates and a name "file" I did got to their sight but I think it is all in German.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris