1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not get the software to work behind a firewall.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ltlwag1, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ltlwag1

ltlwag1 Member

I have downloaded the software, and am trying to get it to work. I can connect but nothing else happens. I am behind a layer 7 firewall. Is there some ports specifically used by the distant end that I can open? I see multiple ports when doing a trap on my traffic. Is there anyone who is running behind the same kind of firewall that could help?

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

errr, u might get a better reply if you tell someone what software it is....

it kinda makes a big impact on the help we can suggest

Dean

3. ltlwag1

ltlwag1 Member

I am sorry, I guess I should have explained myself better. I am trying to use Direct Connect Software. All I get when trying to connect to one of the links is a blank screen. I see that after the ip address or name of the link is what I consider a port. I have tried to open that port both ways and still have no luck. I am mainly trying to find out if anyone has set this up behind a layer 7 firewall and gotten it to work. There has to be another port or protocol that I am missing. Does this help?

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

this is a little guide for setting up directconnect (just a little bit of light reading)

http://seinman.uzipp.com/hub/

and this is specifically directed at setting up with firewalls, also the total setup process is described

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc#4

so, goto both of these sites i think they will help quite a bit

but if they dont tell me

Dean

5. ltlwag1

ltlwag1 Member

Thanks for the help, but that site only has commercial firewalls. I do not know if you have ever heard of the Cyberguard firewall, but it is very complex. I was just hoping someone was running something like it that has tried to get this through. I just dont think without opening up everything I can make it work since we do not have specific ports or anything that the direct connect program uses. Again thanks for the help, but I am guessing that there is little help out there.

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

sorry then mate i had a look but cant find out out bout it, sorry i couldent help

but if i find out else ill post it

Dean

7. ltlwag1

ltlwag1 Member

Thanks for your help, I am continuing my search also, so if you find anything helpful it would be appreciated, but don't worry if you dont see anything. I really do appreciate your help so far and so does everyone here!

Thanks from USMC in Iraq