1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can NTSC dvds have 25fps video in them?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by georgeluv, Jul 17, 2007.

1. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

can ntsc dvds have 25fps video in them? i just got cce-sp and i dont want to have to learn how to frameserve but i will if i have to.

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

If you've got a 25fps video that you want to include on a DVD that otherwise is NTSC then the best thing would be to re-encode the 25fps video to NTSC.

You could author a DVD that has both NTSC and PAL video on it, but, that would be one weird DVD. I can't imagine any situation where it would be a good idea to do it that way.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

They sort of can and sort of can't. Framerate for digital video can be changed using pulldown flags, and as it happens you can use a program called DGPulldown to turn 25fps progressive video into 29.97fps. However, since PAL and NTSC use different resolutions, unless the video has a non-standard resolution it will still need to be resized, which requires re-encoding. You won't have to do a framerate conversion, though, and that's a much more complicated process when done correctly because you would also need to adjust the audio.

If you have any problems learning to frameserve just post on the MPEG encoding forum and PM me so I know your post is there. I've been doing it for years and it's really a piece of cake if you've done it once or twice.