1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can one move a backed up game from PC to xbox VIA DVDs?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by The_Cod, Jan 6, 2008.

1. The_Cod

The_Cod Member

I actually used to be good at moving files from my computer to my xbox, but it got broken, sent it away to get fixed... long and short of it, I've forgoten a LOT. And in the absence of my xbox, my pc died, so I've been trying to move files from my computer right to the xbox via DVDs containing ISOs already ripped from XISO, or extracted... is it extracted or ripped? Anyway, I distinctly remember this working for a lot of the time. None of them (all 3 of them) have worked this time. I use Xiso, place the files in a folder containing the name of the game to be backed up, burn it to a dvd, and using xbox media player, I move it to the area where all the other backed up xbox games are. It doesn't show up on the dashboard. So, I decided to compare what is different from the DVDed files to the others (who are there through VARIOUS means, DVD2xbox, filezilla, and a few (I am positive) from this mean of travel). What I found was a whole bunch of very large files that are somthing called a .POD file. None of the other games had 4 or five of these .POD files, but they have been in all three of the backed up games using this system. Is it possible to move games this way, or am I having false memories. And if I am not having false memories, is there anything I am doing wrong?

I thank you in advance.

And I already know that it would be much easier to move the files VIA filezilla, but the set up in my home has changed much, and it is now HIGHLY difficult to do it the way I used to. (For clarity, I had a TV set up in the room where the router was, and I moved the xbox there, hooked it up to the tv, put the plug back into the router, moved the files, checked if everything was OK, then moved the xbox back into another room of the house. That TV is now gone.)

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

try copying them to dvd as data and extracting them to the games folder and running the iso off of there.

3. The_Cod

The_Cod Member

do you mean just copy the raw XISO file onto a DVD then use DVD to XBOX to put the game in the game folder?

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

yes ..or extract the iso to a folder and burn that to a disk and copy it to the game s folder and run the xbe.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

As they are working burn images then they will work well. They have already been patched. but what you need to do is..

Run them through extractxiso (the one by huge).. you can dump the "original.xbe" and the "update.xbe" if they exist.. they do nothing.
    then FTP the whole folder into your game directory.. or burn it on your disk as data.. Then when it is in the xbox you need to use avalaunch or unleashx file managers to put the folder where you want it.

There is a small useful tool around for those few games that list as "dvd2xbox001/2/3 etc, or the name is just wrong.. It's called xberenamer and you can find it with lots more interesting tools at gueux.be

But if you are going to waste a dvd why not burn a full working disk anyway and use dvd2xbox?

I found those Tevion dvd+rw they sell in Aldi work for xbox games.. so long as you have a respectable samsung drive. Well enough to transfer anyway.. but you do need to do a full erase on them before every burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  6. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

gueux.be = gueu.xbe

just bored :)

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yimmmy, knock it off as you already have a problem with me. do you want to make it worse?

8. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

wait. what?