1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can people view your wireless net usage?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by LGS247, Feb 6, 2007.

1. LGS247

LGS247 Member

Hey first post...

Quick question, sorry if its in the wrong area.

I have wireless internet with BT and BTHOMEHUB. A PC upstairs uses a USB wireless internet receiver to access my wireless (with WPA password).

Can they somehow see what websites I go to / what I download? I ask this because I sometimes download PSP and PC games and other "almost kosher" software, but I don't want them to see it....

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

*any* Net activity can be tracked. the question to ask is whether anyone would have a real interest in tracking your activities or not. my advice would be to not worry.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

I DO NOT KNOW THE LAWS IN OTHER COUNTRYS

Police Net searches banned

p2pnet.net News:- German police won't be allowed to "secretly search suspects' computer hard drives over the Internet," the Federal Court of Justice in Karlsruhe has ruled.

The decision bars police from using software to search through remote hard drives, "unless parliament passes a law explicitly allowing the technique," says Associated Press.

They will, however, "still will be allowed to seize evidence from PCs when conducting searches in person," says the story, adding:

"The decision came in response to a request by the Federal Prosecutor's Office, which had sought to use Trojan horse programs to investigate a possible terrorist group."

http://p2pnet.net/story/11242?PHPSESSID=c27bcc8516f3fc1cd6a655e559281f5f

4. LGS247

LGS247 Member

Sorry I forgot to say would there be any way a normal person could download a simple software and track other users on the same wireless connection as them?

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the person would have to be pretty Net and networking savvy to get it to work, but it could be done.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't worry about it unless you are talking about your parents