1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone explain this

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sungard, Dec 7, 2004.

1. sungard

sungard Member

ok the FTPing i just have one question why is it that u cant just simply put the game in ur pc drive and drag the files if your reading the files from the xbox drive would it not be the same as reading the files from the pc drive can someone clear this up with perhaps an explination feel free to get tecnical im just confused with why its any diff seeing as both drives are dvd-rom drives and the files on the disc are just files thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's where you're wrong. They're NOT the same DVD-Drives. Xbox DVD drives read the games "backwards," because Xbox games are made from the inside out, not outside in. This is why PC DVD drives can't read them, which was Microsoft's intent.

3. sungard

sungard Member

so in theory u could put an xbox drive in your computer and that would work is something liek that able to be done

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Sorry, you couldn't, not even in theory. First, you would have to get drivers for it, which you can't get access to, unless you know someone that works in Microsoft engineering, and will configure your PC. So I wouldn't even bother wasting my time with it. PLUS, in order to read the disc, you would have to install a bios on your pc hdd to even read the disc. It really isn't worth all the trouble.

5. sungard

sungard Member

so its just easier ftping got ya very helpful thanks

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

hehe

Windows=FAT16/FAT32/NTFS file systems
    Linux=FAT file system
    XBOX=FATX file system

That is the reason my friend.

7. sungard

sungard Member

cool as u can tell im new to the xbox scene just had not seen a reason on why the ftping was needed everyone said it was needed but no reason why you guys were very helpful thanks