1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me? MP3 player trouble. HELP!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by twiddles, Jan 29, 2003.

1. twiddles

twiddles Member

I have been desperately searching the web for someone who can help me. My problem may have started when I downloaded ad-aware and started deléting spyware. I may have deleted too much and the wrong thing.

The situation now is that no matter which mp3 player I download, I get this message:

EAccess Violation in module mp3studio.exe (that was the last player I tried to install)
    Access violation at address
    77F76E97

Write of adddress

I double-checked to be sure this was the exact message.

Will I have to reinstall windows to get this working again? or is there an easier solution?

2. thargor

thargor Member

Hi Twiddles. It could possibly be a long process. You don't say which ver of Windoze you are using. If XP then go to a restore point before you installed Ad-aware. This may clear the problem. You could also try a re-install that may clear any junk from the registery.
    Do not be put off using Ad-aware, it is very good and I did as you and just cleared everything without checking properly, but was lucky in only losing 1 prog. Good luck.

3. twiddles

twiddles Member

Thanks so much for answering. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm using Windows NT. Any further suggestions on that will be very appreciated.

Someone did advise me to try downloading WinAmp instead (I'd tried several already). He mentioned that Winamp carries all it's own stuff in case of missing bits. To my pleasant surprise it WORKED! It was wonderful being able to hear my mp3's again, but I still prefer FreeAmp...now called Zinf because it's easier to see everything. Okay, nuf said. Hope to hear from you again if you have time. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2003