1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help me??

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Debby72, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Debby72

Debby72 Member

Hello all. I just bought my daughter for her birthday, a pc game and that dang thing was $40, heres my issue.. i usually like to make a back up copy of all their games beacuse I know how they are about not putting them back in thier cases and such after playing them and they jsut toss them on the desk or wherever when they wanna put another game in the drive, therefore they get scratched up and ruined. I have usually not had a problem with making a backup copy but this one doesnt wanna let me. Is there a program that will allow me to bypass the copyright so that i can back up this game and have a copy safely stored away before i let my children at it? Any and all help is much apprecaited. Thank you in advance.

Debby

2. Debby72

Debby72 Member

I do the same thing with all the videos i buy the kids on dvd. For that i use DVD Shrink. I love the easyness of it. If there is something just as simple and fast that anyone knows of that would be EXCELLENT! Thank you.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

First, you need to edit your thread title to conform with the rules. The title needs to have some description of your problem instead of just help me.

As far as your problem goes you probably want to look at either Blindwrite or Alcohol 120%. Both programs are designed to make working copies of copy protected games. You'll also need to figure out if you have a 1 sheep or 2 sheep burner. With a 2 sheep burner you can make copies that will work from any CD drive. If it's only 1 sheep your copy will only work in the burner you used to create the copy. There used to be a comprehensive list of sheep ratings for burners, but AFAIK no such list exists any more. If you post the brand and model someone may be able to tell you.

4. MSAA9993

MSAA9993 Regular member

Use DVD decrypter and set mode to ISO Read. No problems unless its a CD.