1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please recommend a working Dreambox image for Dublin (NTL)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by blobert, Aug 23, 2007.

1. blobert

blobert Member

Hi there,

I'm getting my Dreambox today and was hoping to just be able to flash a working image (with all service files etc) for Dublin n*l on to it.

Could someone point me in the right direction, I'm not sure whether any of the ones in the downloads section are what I'm looking for.

Oh and is it possible to flash using just a crossover cable (like with D-Box) or by attaching via router. I have a null modem cable but my new dell does not have a suitable port.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. darraghk

darraghk Member

Did you get your Dreambox working i'm in dublin also and only have ethernet cable

3. dub11

dub11 Member

Are you getting a DM500c or DM600c?

I have 2 UK images for 600c. Both work on N*L Dublin.....although I have niggling issues with both (Gemini 3.6 and Enigma 1.0.0.2) I'm not very familiar with the internal working of these things, but would be happy to share what I know to get a stable Dublin image.

The Gemini image is 26MB. Once a Bruteforce scan is run, it picks up all channels fine - but freezes for 15 to 20 seconds every half hour or so while viewing. The Enigma image compiled for the Fife area of Scotland - it has no Bruteforce option - and so does not pick up all channels (most but not all). Many of the channels it does pick up have a lot of pixellation (right word?). However there is no freezing!!

If I can help any further let me know.

4. darraghk

darraghk Member

i got a 500c, and i used the dreamworldz images i got over at technosource.co.uk, don't know if i have all the channels cause this was my first image to use, but i have enough for now and it hasn't frozen on me yet.

5. SG8

SG8 Active member

Is this you bloberty?

and if so, have you any special offers for members here?! lol

6. dub11

dub11 Member

OK, I now have two working DM600 Dublin builds using latest Channels and Services ifo. These are modded Pli-Helenite and Nabilosat images. They are both stable and fully functional. I would be willing to share these, but I don't know how to package the modified image into a .nfi file for distribution. Can anybody help here? I tried to backup the working image using a Dreamworldz plugin, but ran out of temporary storage space on the DM600 device. I am pretty poor when it comes to linux / unix command line stuff.....but reckon it should be possible to backup the image to an external file system...?

7. Snookster

Snookster Member

Howya darraghk, Am I correct in that you were able to flash an image to your Dreambox 500C without the Null Modem Cable. I'd appreciate if you could explain how you did this please. I've just got my Dreambox and am currently working out how to get set up.

I gathered that I needed a null Modem cable but if there's another way using the ethernet port I'd prefer to do it that way.

if you could give a plain english version it would probably help alot.
    thanks
    Snookster.

8. Snookster

Snookster Member

Hello everyone,

I've just got Dreambox 500C and am on ntl basic.

Have spent the last few days reading a lot of threads on various forums to try get all the information I need to get set up. So far I've come up with this as a plan and would appreciate if the people on the forum could confirm (or otherwise) if I'm on the right track:

Items required
    1: Dreambox 500C (or whatever receiver)
    2: PC with Null Modem Cable Port
    3: Null Modem Cable (need to get one, but am familiar with them)
    4: DreamUp (which I've) downloaded
    5: Image (I've downloaded DW 1.6.5, thanks fekker)
    6: Guide to flashing (which I've taken from (Dreambox MM.de))
    7: Enjoy the new TV windfall!!!

High Level Procedure
    1: Connect Dreambox to PC using Cable
    2: Open Dreamup
    3: Upload the image (I realise there are steps involved and I have the Flashing guide from Dreamboxmulti-media.de)
    4: Connect Dreambox to TV, Through NTL Cable
    5: Input dreambox settings i.e. time, date etc.
    6: Perform a scan, bruteforce etc...

I would appreciate if some posters could reply and comment on the above, I want to have a simple plan (like above) in my mind to get it right therefore if there's something major I'm missing please suggest some material I may read to find out more.

Thanks
    Snookster

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

For a dream500 To Flash

VIA DREAMUP and Nullmodem plus optionally network cable

1) Flash Erase
    2) Flash image but SAY NO TO FLASH ERASE DURING FLASH!!!!
    or it will erase /var after flashing it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  10. Snookster

Snookster Member

thanks mgb17, I'm up and running now and what do you know there's nothing to watch on telly.

Anyway, I've been thinking alot about Dreambox and how great it is.....

I know I'm not the only one, but there's a lot of people out there who simply don't have the technical knowledge that yourself and other clued in folk have and want to get "connected". And even its really basic stuff for some, it's rocket science for others. What I'm saying is why is there a lack of simple to understand plain english advice.

If there are other newbies out there who feels this way please get on this thread with your problems,

On the flip side could the experts or even people who are just accomplished get on board and try give some knowledge in plain english.........

Why not think of it like this: You're on a plane and the pilot/co-pilot both have simultaneous heart attacks and die and by some crazy twist you end up in the cockpit with all of the controls at your mercy. You've just established radio contact with ground control and they're going to explain to you how to make the plane land in one piece...... I think that's what a lot of people out there really need and I say spread the wealth.

I've now seen the process (although I was fully tuned in during the Telnet part), it took about 10 mins followed by a 15/20 minute scan. IT COULD DEFINITELY BE EXPLAINED IN SIMPLE ENGLISH!!

Anyway I'm off to watch the end of Troy, "Take it, It's YOURS!!!!!"

11. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

snookster i totally agree ,like myself i stumble trough these things ,trial and error are great teachers

12. JMC1703

JMC1703 Member

I got my Dreambox 500C yesterday but had to source out a null modem cable. Managed to get one from Maplins in town. However, I'm having serious trouble flashing my DM500C. I have downloaded and extracted DreamUp and have an image file ready to go. I connect the cable to my PC and the Dreambox, press "Connect" in DreamUp, power on the 500C and........... nothing!

Any ideas? I'm considering getting a USB-Serial cable instead to see how that goes.

13. Snookster

Snookster Member

I'd love to be able to tell you step by step but I'm on the same side of the fence as you, I just don't know it (Yet).

Anyway a few questions for you which may help shed some light on it, and any advice I have.

Does your PC have a null modem cable "port" or you mean you have trouble establishing a link?

I had mine done using ethernet cable (i.e. one ethernet cable from PC to Router and another ethernet cable from dreambox to Router)

When you say you pressed 'connect' on Dreamup, did you configure "dreamup" before hand to identify your dreambox. Otherwise dreamup doesn't know "what" to connect to....??

14. JMC1703

JMC1703 Member

Thanks for the reply, but I managed to get it sorted the other day. The guy in Maplins gave my dad a serial cable instead of a null modem cable. Exchanged it for the right one and no problems then!

15. phily2002

phily2002 Member

is it a 9 pin to 9 pin null modem cable, I had the same problem because at the start because mine wasn't!

16. NghtmreBx

NghtmreBx Member

Dublin N*L & C**r** not MMDS, I need dreambox help.

I got my Dreambox 500 two days ago and I've loaded every single image file I could find, (I couldn't find DW1.6.x , well I couldn't find
    dw16 small enough to fit on my machine) so at the moment I have Gemini project 3.5 and it works well and I can download all cams directly from the net to the box (Am I right in saying Cams are Emulators?) But anyway I cannot get the channels unscrambled, I've installed EvoCamd_2.15, MgCamd-1.25, CCcam, actually I've installed all of them but they don't work for me.

I think I know about keylists (I really don't know if the keylist is for dublin) and auto rollers and soft cams, and that I'm putting them in the right places for the right Cam but still nothing. I'm also selecting which cam to use by pressing the blue button and restarting the cam I've selected.

I have a Starview too and that works perfectly so it's not an incoming signal problem.

Can someone please help me or point me in the direction of a dw image file where I don't have to post 20 times and wait 10 days, I'll pull my hair out.

I'm doing this for a friend so I'm on N*hell and he's on Ch**s. My Starview works perfectly in both places. So I'm testing it on N*hell and using it on Ch**s

17. Shorty696

Shorty696 Member

go to techno-source.co.uk.

Can download after 10 posts with no waiting period.

18. harboure

harboure Member

Hello all.Got my dreambox 600t and connected to C*or*s mmds signal on friday.
    Box worked (did not pick up channels though)but but I read forum and learnt I needed an image so went to dream multimedia website an downloaded the image.
    I flashed on to the dreambox and now the box is hanging with a picture of the dreamxbox.
    Was going to get another image but said I'd ask here first.
    So I'd appreciate an image and has anyone encountered by problem.

19. anto88

anto88 Member

I have a 500c Dreambox im trying to tune into chorus cable lookin for
    frequency no.+ symbol rate+fec.also what is Diorj o6 how do i access this im badly stuck I have tried different frequencys+symbol rates got a few channels but no sound please help.

20. harboure

harboure Member

I was on MMDS.I don't know what you mean.When you auto scan you see if its working or not you dont need all the other stuff.