1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone suggest a desktop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by talisman1, May 6, 2007.

1. talisman1

talisman1 Member

Hi Guys.
    I'm in the market for a brand new Desktop.
    I'm looking for something that is future proof for Blu Ray burners and a nice gaming machine.
    I want something i can upgrade myself and it needs to be compatible with CAP DVHS and NERO....as those 2 programs get used each day along with
    HDDVDTOMPEG.
    Im told Vista might have issues with the above software.
    Im looking for a machine that will give me the best speed and power for under 2 grand
    Also is it possible to get a low energy pc so it doesn't use massive amounts of electricity ?
    I do a huge amount of video editing of HI DEF video capped from Local Channels.
    I also need the machine to play x264 PAL HD
    What do you guys think.?
    First off should i be looking at AMD 64 OR INTEL CORE DUO ?
    I asked this question 5 months ago and someone said i should wait until the summer for some new graphic cards that are coming out.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

now is a good time to but as prices have just dropped, the only thing i might wait on is to see how well ati's dx10 cards fair when they come out, hopfully at the end of this month. ask in the offical pc building thread at the top of the list as they will know who have some of the best deals on and which way you should go with regards to brands and such like.

3. talisman1

talisman1 Member

Ok thanks so much