1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the 3DS be bricked/blocked

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by stuwho, Apr 11, 2012.

1. stuwho

stuwho Member

Hi, Ive read a few posts on here & still cant find a direct answer, so can someone please just answer a simple question,
    Can the 3DS be bricked or blocked, & is there any way to avoid them if it does, for instance by not updating when I have an R4i3DS card (or similar) in the console. Or do nintendo recognise if there has ever been an R4i3DS card in the console at any time?
    Thanks

2. Domoto

Domoto Member

OK, since many flash cards pronounced they can work on 3ds last year, Nintendo said dont use flash card because it will blocked your 3DS. But up to now, no 3ds console be blocked as used flash card. So this is maybe just a rumour.

But if you use flash card, there is a record in your 3ds indeed. It cant be deleted.
    The worst thing i think is the after-sale service. If your 3ds has any problem, Nintendo can refuse to repair your console because you used flash card.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. henkvisser

henkvisser Member

So far , feel free to use the flashcart, free feel to update your 3DS console. You won't get bricked or blocked.

4. Alex1013

Alex1013 Member

As far as I know,till now nearly all the nintendo flashcarts can work on the 3ds console.
    It will not be blocked.