1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can this be done?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liztic, Dec 28, 2004.

1. liztic

liztic Guest

hey, i'm new and making my own discs. i'm wondering if an already copied dvd media can be copied again?
    ex
    i have a copied dvd, that i want to copy.
    so dvd r to dvd r
    possible?

dvd x copy xpress doesn't recognize the dvdr i want to copy, i also have nero on here....
    thanks for any help or suggestions

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

dude you need to read the glossary on these terms right on this website
    DVD-R
    DVD+R
    DVD-RW
    DVD+RW
    After that, your questions will b answered

3. liztic

liztic Guest

dude, some people have minimal knowledge when it comes to this, i am one.
    therefore i use a site such as this to tap into the the knowledge of someone perhaps like you who does know. now, in the time it took you to write a negative reply like that, you probably could have just told me if it was possible.
    the discs i am trying to copy, i have know idea if they are +r or -r as the person i borrowed from doesn't use discs that are labelled. mine are -r's.
    not sure what that means but i will take your ignorant advice and read up on it.
    thanks

4. liztic

liztic Guest

those readings answered nothing

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Yes, you can copy a copy. If your PC will read the disc format. Most likely it will.
    Do you have DVD Decrypter, if not click on the link, it is free.
    Open DVD Decrypter, click on Mode, select ISO, select Read. Then click on the pic of a DVD disc.
    When it is finished, click on Mode, select ISO, select Write W. Put in a blank DVD and click on the picture of a hard disc and DVD disc to write.
    Cross your fingers.

GET some RW discs, so if you screw up, you are not wasting a disc.
    Let me now how it goes.

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Use the disc copy feature in Nero. You're copying a copy so there's no copyright protection to deal with anymore.
    How good your source is will determine how well it turns out.

7. liztic

liztic Guest

thanks for walking me through and the suggestions, it's greatly appreciated.

8. liztic

liztic Guest

tried it with Nero , message pops up saying that there was an error reading data.

just have to do it the old way!!
    thanks guys

9. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

sry if i made u mad in anyway and it was not a negative reply cause i either reply or i don't. And it is always a great way to do a research b4 u stumble on thing u cannot comprehend. I thought reading the glossary on those terms were a great step b4 learning anything else depper than that.
    but anyway im glad u got your research done. have fun !