1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Unlocking Phones make free calls?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by KaM1kAzE, Jan 27, 2007.

1. KaM1kAzE

KaM1kAzE Member

Sorry i tried the search buttons and the results were just people requesting to get their phones unlocked and there were no FAQS or anything so i decided to make a thread. I have been doing good in high school and my parents told me if i keep this up i can own a cell phone since i never owned one before.I looked up the stickes and all i know about unlocking phones is that you can use any SIMS card in the world. Now my question is if cellphones could make calls free of charge?? If so how?

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

they can, only if its to your emergency phone number

3. angel6677

angel6677 Member

let's get it clear.. an unlocked phone means you can just pop in any SIM card (which has your phone line) from any carrier (t-mobile, cingular, at&t, rogers, vodafone, claro, tim, telefonica, etc) and it will work with it.. NOTE: Only GSM phones take SIM cards, NO CDMA (like verizon, alltel, sprint, etc) ...

An about the free calls.. I dont think so.. you can get a prepaid sim card at the store and recharge your line everytime you run out of minutes.. but you wont have to pay a fee every month (like a I do :'( )

Hope this clear the concept of unlocked phone..
    Cheers