1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Xbox console read DVD-RW????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ozrookie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi guys,

I just created a iso file using Craxtion and was just wondering what is the best program to burn it on a dvd-rw...would it work on the Xbox console???

The reason i ask....is that i don't want to waste any dvd-r disc...i was thinking doing a test to see if it burn successful then i will use the dvd-r disc to do the real burn.

Cheers :)

2. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

That is exactly what I do.. HOwever I would suggest that if you burn your ISO and the disk does not work in your Xbox, that you try and burn something else onto your disk (Like a DVD movie or something) and try to read that.. As the first DVD-RW I bought was a generic disk and it did not work well at all in my Xbox (barely played a DVD) However I bought a Sony one and it plays like a charm..

Alot nicer to use that as a practice run then to make a bunch of coasters.. hehe

3. liljoe

liljoe Guest

the dvd-rw dident work on mine ethier so i went and bought some ritek dvd-r works the best i would highly recommend this brand of dvd-r

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i think it depends on what drive you have. different drives read different media. But i think that almost all Xbox's read DVD-R.

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

My xbox reads both +/-r but will not even entertain either brand of dvd rewritable for some reason ....