1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN XBOX PLAY PS2 GAMES???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by akuma69, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XboxWizz

XboxWizz Guest

I'm sorry, it's just that so many people are wrong about this topic, I currently am playing finalk fantasy x on my xbox. Yes it only runs at 86 fps, but the ps2 runs 96-104 fps, not really a difference. The only thing that kills me is the loading. Takes a long time.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

XboxWizz you probably are TheNymf and you are
    1.lying about playing ps2 games on your xbox
    2.boring me

PROOF
    well for a start you said you are playing FF10 on you xbox by booting an emulator from linux, OK.The best ps2 emulator for linux (as well as windows) is this one http://www.pcsx2.net/

And if you to there compatibilty list you get

Capcom Fighting Evolution USA shadow 0.8 beta works fine 1, 2, 3
    Disgaea USA crushtest 0.7 almost fine. Few random problems 1, 2, 3
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2 JAPAN shadow 0.8 beta works fine 1, 2, 3
    Metal Slug 4 JAPAN shadow 0.8 beta works fine 1, 2, 3
    Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution PAL crushtest 0.7 2d work okay. 3d doesn't display 1, 2, 3

As you can see no FF10.

I have a DREAM X xbox (an xbox with a 1.4ghz processor and 128mb DDR ram) And I can tell you now its NO WAY NEAR powerfull enough to run a ps2 emulator, I tried it myself. you need a PC with at a least 3ghz processor and 512mb ram, even that might not be enough. The problem is in the hardware not the software. If you want to belive this guy then put linux on your xbox and use that emulator that I linked to before, but I can gurantee it has NO CHANCE in working.

3. Netrrier

Netrrier Member

Well well.
    what we have here?
    a bunch of arguing kids?
    lcarbutt (Senior Member)---> So there is absolutely no way to play a pstoo game in a modded xbox?
    are you sure?
    I woudn't be so sure if i were u.
    got-a-word-4-U=====> [RECOMPILER]
    know what is?
    just wait until it will be good enough. (give it a few months)

also there is a preliminary beta made by xport .
    Is not reliable and is hard to find.
    its basicaly made for testing purposes has cdvd acces problems and its about as fast as pcsx 0.6 for windows.

and for god's sake dont jump into conclusions just by reading posts at forums...
    typicaly a combination of p4 2ghz +256 mb ram dx9.0 VGA
    shoud be more than enough to recompile a ps2 game to pc code at 60fps .
    an xbox has celleron (p3) 733mhz 64 mb interlaved dx9.0 vga and -exept the windows 2000 kernel - actualy has no windows running on it. that means an 100% utillisation of the cpu by the emu and dircet hardware acces to graphics card (hardware) --[the emotion engine will yield to the power of directX[]
    I assure you the two systems are almost equal in preformance.
    thus - in time - you will be able to play ps2 games to your xbox...

ps just wait to see the speed of pcsx 0.8 (it will be out in a couple weeks)

ps2 ; the pcsx version ported to xbox is 0.6
    its caled pcsxbox2 v0.1b

ps3 ; that will be the last post ever by me on this borum.

psxbox ; believe me - or not - it doesnt matter.

and one thing more...
    bah! forget it.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I believe it can be done as well. Nothing's impossible. I'm trying to put the pieces together myself and see if I can make it work. I'm sure that with a little configuration and some sweat it can be done :)

5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

xport told me it was not possible, I have not been able to contact him since you made this post but if anyone can do it he can. Dont get your hopes up to much, there are not any good ones for PCs yet, and xport always uses PC ones then ports them (hense the name xport)
    Things we can agree on
    1.Its not possible at the moment
    2.XboxWizz was talking crap when he said he has already played final fantasy X
    3. The xbox 2 will definatly be powerfull enough to play PS2 games and since thats coming out this year an emulator on xbox will be short lived indeed

ANYWAY for the time being its NOT possible,
    case closed, and to be honest with you I canot ever see it being possible mainly because of the lack of power plus people will give up by the time a chip for xbox 2 comes out and there are no good PC ones.

6. XboxWizz

XboxWizz Guest

Dude I'm not the nmph or whatever i can't spell his name. It is possible I ran into this thread looking for some more evox skins, along with halo 2 mods. I don't have to prove anything to you. Arguing on the internet, is like two retards fighting; even if someone wins, your both still retarded. Have Fun!

7. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

I really have no idea of emulators but after reading alot of crap on the net some say its "possible" while others say in order for an emulator to work the hardware has to be close to 3x better then the software..once again this isnt a fact this is just what ive seen on the net.

8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

xboxwizzif tell me what emulator you used with your linux so that everyone who like to belive you can try it for themselves (I will not be one of them).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Even if this guy "programmed" with linux, it couldn't possibly be an emulator. He would've had to program and use the same codecs and specifics a ps2 has, meaning he would have to dump all that from his ps2 (FTP or the other way (can't think of how to do it)

10. HaloMasta

HaloMasta Guest

hey 1 day someone will get it in there head u canrt play ps2 games in a xbox!! the real rason is becuz xbox is way to good for that crappy system... lol i had 1 in tell christmas then it was out of my life 4 ever cuz xbox has such good graphic's

11. chrono27

chrono27 Member

you know, all that trash talk reminds me of the old days when the all migthy NES came out, every1 was talking about of wich was better the genesis or the NES, and people said the NES because it could play genesis games, all you had to do was to remove the little cover under it and hook up an adaptor for genesis cartriges and voila you got a genesis, never saw anythig of that but belived it becasuse some one that seems to know a little more than me about games told me, so do xbox plays ps2 games?? (still dont know why people have xbox, sold mine and bougth another ps2)only history will tell!!..........

12. chrono27

chrono27 Member

you know, all that trash talk reminds me of the old days when the all migthy NES came out, every1 was talking about of wich was better the genesis or the NES, and people said the NES because it could play genesis games, all you had to do was to remove the little cover under it and hook up an adaptor for genesis cartriges and voila you got a genesis, never saw anythig of that but belived it becasuse some one that seems to know a little more than me about games told me, so do xbox plays ps2 games?? (still dont know why people have xbox, sold mine and bougth another ps2)only history will tell!!..........

13. zer0c00l

zer0c00l Member

I understand that when you are passionate about something you tend to get emotional. But these forums are about technology and logic. There is no need to get emotional, your message gets lost in the midst of rage. There are people on both sides, each backing up with their own "facts" if it can be done so be it, if it can't be done we should find a way to do it, instead of saying "no it can't be done" and when the moderator said no personal attacks I am assuming he meant everyone in the forum. So chill y'all lets trade knowledge not anger. I love this place and I hate to see it turn into juvi arguments and egotistical battles. State your facts and move on, you need not prove yourself to people. "trust thyself" -emerson

14. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

I thought we had moved on myself...

15. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

I cant belive people can really be this ignorant.
    a 4.5 GHZ will run PS2 slow but a 700 mhz xbox can.. ya sure. ok

and my atari 2600 can emulate dreamcast...

16. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

errrr
    my point
    a PS2 is real cheap on ebay, go get one, have 2 machines and look cool and funky.
    With emulation youre running a program, to run a game basically, and this is why it needs more power, its not running from the hardware it was MEANT to run on, hence needs more power to run it.
    But.......if you want both, I still say go buy a PS2:)

17. Crazyeyez

Crazyeyez Member

no offence to ps2 fans but xbox literally s**t on ps2 because of the crappy graphics, the crappy saving system the crappy games only good games are the gta games which are now on xbox, the crappy controllers and the crappy set up and a whole lot of other things no offence again and i have played both a lot so i can say which is better so ps3 better catch up or xbox next will be sevenfold better

18. soccer119

soccer119 Member

YES do i have to spell it out for u? Y-E-S but you wouldnt dare use an emu, so in turn you are correct. All u need to do is buy and xbox and if you know anything about computers, HACK THE CRAP OUTTA IT! IT SHOOD ONLY COST ABOUT 2,000,000$ OR SO AND THEN WE'D ALL LAUGH AT U GUYS. BUT SERIOUSLY LEARN ABOUT COMPUTERS AND THEN U CAN.

19. soccer119

soccer119 Member

O AND ANOTHER THING, stupid ass caps. We, me and my friend do this for a living, along w/college. Were vid game programmers that laugh at the people trying to use emu's on an xbox. just hard-hack it. u guys are soft hackking and not using your heads.

20. Netrrier

Netrrier Member

soccer119
    5. March 2005 @ 15:27
    O AND ANOTHER THING, stupid ass caps. We, me and my friend do this for a living, along w/college. Were vid game programmers that laugh at the people trying to use emu's on an xbox. just hard-hack it. u guys are soft hackking and not using your heads.

-| U NEED HELP |-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.