1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you alter the evoX bios to boot something other than xboxdash.xbe?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by satman69, Feb 4, 2005.

1. satman69

satman69 Member

I have the xbit1.5 installed on my 1.6 xbox and was wondering if there was any way to alter the evoX bios to load something other than the xboxdash.xbe, say evoxdash.xbe for example? Because I want it to load the evox dash when I have the chip on, and load the M$ dash when the chip is off, so I can play Xbox Live. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to get a hold of evox first...once you have that you need to create a boot disk...this boot disk will allow you to ftp...from there you will need to transfer evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini, and Skins onto the C partition of your xbox...you could also use an autoinstaller....these will basically install all the dashboards and apps you could possibly need...a little too much stuff if you ask me though.

3. satman69

satman69 Member

I have evox dash, and the evox bios loaded, and I have a boot disk. but what I need to know is if I ftp the evoxdash, evox.ini, and the skins folder to the Hard drive, will it boot evoxdash.xbe when the chip is on, and boot xboxdash.xbe when the chip is off? Or does the evox only boot xboxdash.xbe, cause I was told when I install the evoxdash.xbe to my hard drive, I needed to rename it xboxdash.xbe, meaning if I shut the chip off it'll still boot the evoxdash, cause it's been renamed to the original xboxdash.xbe.

Please help, I would be forever in your debt.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i don't remember....just try it...if it doesn't load the ms bios with the chip off then just ftp back into your box and delete the three files...it will definetly boot to evox with the chip enabled, don't know with chip off...should work, give it a shot.

i think it will work though...just give it a shot and if it don't work then just remove them from the C partition....once you have access to ftp things become very simple

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  5. satman69

satman69 Member

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, hope it works. Please check back here every once in awhile to see if I reply and let you know what happened. Hope you can help me get this working the way I'd like it to.

Thanks for you feedback, If I get it working, I'll definately reply here and let you know, and thank you again.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Let you know something soon.... :)

6. shikami

shikami Member

I'm a noob, and i just want to know what the difference is between evox the dashboard, and evox the bios, can u have with or without the other, where can i get evox bios?

7. satman69

satman69 Member

I used evtools to modify my bios to boot F:\evoxdash.xbe, then I loaded the evoxdash files to the f partition and viola....it loads the evox dash with the chip on and the M$ dash when the chip is off.
    Thanks Guys for the advice..

In response to shikami: The evox bios is what you need to flash to your modchip so that it will enable your xbox to read cd-rw's and be able to create an ftp connection to your xbox.

The evox dashboard is and alternative dashboard to the xbox one, allowing more functions. The xbox dashboard is the green settings screen you see when you turn on your xbox with no disk in it, that allows you to set the time and stuff.

And yes you need the bios to run the evoxdash. You can find the evoxdash and bios on #xbins thru Mirc.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

8. shikami

shikami Member

thanx for clearing it up for me