1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you answer these 3 questions?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by David Hooley, Dec 5, 2014.

1. David Hooley

David Hooley Newbie

Yes I did search the forums as well as google.

Have been using DVD Flick to create DVDs lately and have 3 questions.

1. Why do the video_ts/.vob files end up so much larger than the original video? 4 files all between 400-500 mb is the most a 4.3 gb disc wants to hold. I'm wondering if that means the program jacks up the bitrate..

2. Adding video sources.. what is this? Why would I want to add a video source to a video? This is making zero sense.

3. Scene selection.. Does this feature exist with DVD Flick?

A big pre-thanks to whomever uses any of their time to help.
    THANKS!

David Hooley

2. David Hooley

David Hooley Newbie

Bonus question:
    Install as administrator and run as administrator, still likes to fail when generating menus.

Can deal without menus, but would really like to know why this is such a common error.

3. attar

attar Senior member

1.Depends on the running time of the source and the bitrate (Min or Max allowed for the DVD spec).
    2.You can add other sources and keep them in the same Title.
    E.G you have a two part source and you don't want them to be separate Titles on the DVD.
    3.If you mean editing the source before authoring - no.

Since the original DVD Flick had problems and the author abandoned the project, you are better running AVStoDVD: it's constantly updated and the author has an ongoing thread at the Videohelp site; the menu feature is simple but allows greater user input with your own images and music.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread