1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you burn a dvd+rw disc with a dvd-ram drive?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by gmh69, Sep 6, 2004.

1. gmh69

gmh69 Member

I'm really new to dvd burning. My burner is a matshita dvd-ram uj-820s, I know really nothing about the differances between dvd+rw,-rw,+r,-r,and ram drives and disc's. I'm not interested in the differances at this time, however dvd+rw are the disc's I have right now, and just want to know if the burner I have will burn to them and play. I don't to ruin the disc's since i'm kinda broke, and they are expensive. All inquaries are appreciated. Thank you!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved*

3. refree

refree Member

matshita dvd-ram uj-820s

Got the same DVD+-RW. (Toshiba A55S326) Burned TDK 4X DVD+R and 4X DVD-R with no problem in 25-30 min....using Nero. (Note that they burned at 2.4X and 2 X respectively)

However, I'm told it does not do well with generic media. I tried 4 DVD+R and 3 DVD-R of the Sonic brand and all burned about 75% and then errorer out. ALL blinking coasters!!!
    *****There are 100 Ridata DVD+R media available at Newegg for $30 and am trying to find out if they will work with this Writer!!?? before i buy them.

Let me know if you find a forum for this DVD+-RW where we can learn the brands that will work with this writer.