1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you help me fix my xbox? error #6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dabommbj, Apr 7, 2005.

1. jakejm79

jakejm79 Member

ok heres my problem not sure if any of you guys can help, I have two xboxs a v1.0 chipped and a v1.6 that was chipped but not any more. the 1.6 wont boot. I installed evox and never locked the HD (I left the chip on all the time) but I did back up the eeprom on the original 1.6 HD. I can have all 3 HD unlocked using the cromwell bios but can only lock them on the 1.0 xbox there for making them useless for the 1.6. I know there is probably an easy way of doing this with a pc, but all I have is a laptop with no IDE connectors. I read on the web there was a way to relock a HD with the right code by playing an audio track in a working xbox then hot swapping the HD and rebooting after you get an error 21 msg. Are there any programs out there that I could FTP to my modded xbox and relock the HD with the eeprom data on it. Sorry to be so long but any help would be appreciated.

2. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

Well ive never heard of locking the hard rive with a song but it might be possible. The easiest way to do it is get a hold of a computer and use a program called hdm. With this program you can unlock and lock hard drives as long as you have the password or the eeprom. I dont know if i understood correctly but you said the xbox doesnt boot therefore i think you cant ftp into your xbox. What error # do you get when the xbox boots up?

3. jakejm79

jakejm79 Member

I can boot to the HD if i put it in my modded xbox, the HD still has evox on it (so I can FTP to it when it is in my modded Xbox) and the back up of the eeprom, only question is can I relock the HD with config magic using the key from the backup versus the key in the modded xbox's eeprom has the backup has the key from the mobo of my broken xbox.

4. jakejm79

jakejm79 Member

I get error 06, error 05 when I try to boot with it unlocked. Here is a link to the ?? music file fix. http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/6.htm
    Maybe someone can comment on if or if not that sounds like a possible fix and why.
    Thanx

5. attakiq

attakiq Member

I had an issue where i needed to lock back my xbox HD if you have the HD key your saved basically what i did is follow the instruction on this page : http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/lock-hdd.php

What i did is open my xbox, took out the HD and plugged in into my computer (CPU turn off obviously.) rebooted with an old dos floppy drive and once i got my a:/ prompt i followed the instruction on the site and loaded ATAPWD.EXE(founded on the same webpage.) comfirmed if the HD was locked or not and it wasn't. afterwards, on the page took HDUNLOCK.ZIP. inside the zip you have an app call hdlock.ran the exe, selected the drive entered the HD key and DONE. Put back the HD in the xbox and it is now working. Be sure to read the whole page cuz there's tricky part, nothing to fancy but still better read than being sorry.

6. hihlander

hihlander Guest

i am currently using auto slayer its been fine up to last night this morning put on xbox and all i get is error code7 my xbox hard drive is cliking like mad could it be that i put in 60gig hdd months ago but its been fine till now some 1 help me ple

7. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

I hate to break it to you but your hard drive just messed up on you. You need a new one.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

hihlander,

Read the forum rules. This topic is about error #6, not error #7. And you've already started 3 threads about this (2 of which have been closed).

9. jakejm79

jakejm79 Member

OK so i got my network card in the mail, FTPed to my modded xbox with the locked hard drive in from my broken xbox but, no C:\backup folder (I swear I made one back when I put Evox on there) so I do not have the HD key. I can mod my broken Xbox (one of the LPC rebuild points got, ahem... damaged) I understand the HD key is a combo of SN of xbox, HD and other things is there anyway I can work out what it is I still have the original Xbox mobo, is there anything out there that would let me read the HD key directly from the xbox or do I have on completely usless xbox.
    Xbox 1: v1.6 OEM HD unlocked and relocked w/ wrong key. Broken LPC trace cant be modded.
    Xbox 2: v1.0 160GB Seagate 'cuda, Evox 3935, Xcuter 2.6 Lite w/ M8plus.

10. bibibox

bibibox Member

i unlocked my hd so know the xenium os screen will not apear how do i lock it up without the xbox working when the chip is on the screen is blank and when its off the screen is error 5 and i do not have the hd key is there any way to fix this or buy another hd that will work any pc programs?? hellp